Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Samuel Vargas Aims To Use Experience To Shock Conor Benn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Samuel Vargas Aims To Use Experience To Shock Conor Benn

One of boxing's true road warriors will travel across the pond on April 10, as Samuel Vargas returns to the ring against welterweight prospect Conor Benn. The bout will headline a card aired by DAZN in Canada and the United States, and on Sky Sports in the United Kingdom.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I didn't even see (or maybe I forgot) coverage of Benn/Formella.

Benn SHOULD blow Sammy Vargas out completely. But I can't shake the idea that Benn - like Porter - was unable to even drop Formella?

I mean, is Formella really that damn tough or is Benn's power overrated?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Benn SHOULD blow Sammy Vargas out completely. But I can't shake the idea that Benn - like Porter - was unable to even drop Formella?

Formella is tough, He took an absolute beating in that fight! Could also be that Benn’s power is overrated but Porter has decent power and couldn’t drop Formella

Comment

Ortiz really struggled to stop Vargas, I mean he was landing so many power shots at speed but Vargas for the most part took it till the ref decided he was taking too much and stopped it at the end of a late round from memory.

So I don't think Benn who has got to be behind Ortiz should blow him out. Benn is improving at a massive rate but if he gets a solid win on points here I think that's good at this point.

Benn is more a prospect with little amateur experience the fact you are comparing him with Porter isn't a bad thing at this point.

Benn looked average at best when he started out but he does seem to get better with every fight.

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Comment

Sammy Vargas has a lot of experience compared to Benn.

Comment

I sort of agree here, i actually can see Vargas stopping Benn. I think even this fight is a bit too soon for Benn. He hasnt been truly tested to be honest. To be honest hes not a welterweight either so i am not sure why he moved up? He wont be able to hold a major welterweight title because the division is totally stacked. He doesnt have as much power at welterweight too.
            I hope he improves and wins but i cant see him winning this one because this guy is a live dog and will come to fight Benn.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
              Ortiz really struggled to stop Vargas, I mean he was landing so many power shots at speed but Vargas for the most part took it till the ref decided he was taking too much and stopped it at the end of a late round from memory.

So I don't think Benn who has got to be behind Ortiz should blow him out. Benn is improving at a massive rate but if he gets a solid win on points here I think that's good at this point.

Benn is more a prospect with little amateur experience the fact you are comparing him with Porter isn't a bad thing at this point.

Benn looked average at best when he started out but he does seem to get better with every fight.
              Benn throws for the fences - Ortiz didn't. Ortiz went for precision power shots.

I see Benn constantly throw shots that miss by a hair where if they'd landed solid on the chin, people go to sleep. It's his lack of precision that hurts him - I don't see power as a problem.

But against Formella he landed scary shots and Formella didn't go down. So now I'm just lost - is Formella THAT damn tough?

Porter hasn't been a knockdown or knockout artist for years, but I assumed given how flush and constant Shawn was landing that Formella would have to go down eventually - and he didn't.

It's like, how is it a guy can take such beating, STILL throw back, yet get washed twice?

In other words, how is it that Conor Benn (arguably) performed BETTER against Formella than Shawn Porter who is a Top 5 welterweight?

Either Shawn's on the decline (which I don't see) or Benn is better than people think he is (which I don't see).

I'm like confused. F'n Man Bun Formella exposing flaws

Comment

Some people just can't be knocked out.

Like Glen Johnson or Antonio Margarito.

Formella seems to be in that category.

Comment

Formella was 3 months removed from the beating he took against Porter and still went the distance against Benn. I don't think Benn has the kind of power to trouble top welterweights.

Comment

These step up fights are good fights to put money up for..
                    Not much of a gambling man, looking for recommendations for betting sites. I do my own picks and my current pick record is is 5-3 and I don't always pick the favorite, I picked lopez over loma, campbell over Garcia etc
                    Last edited by Catch n shoot; 01-18-2021, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X