Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman To Arum: Stop Talking Sh-t! Not My Fault You Can't Afford Fight For Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Thurman To Arum: Stop Talking Sh-t! Not My Fault You Can't Afford Fight For Crawford

Keith Thurman heard about all he could take from Bob Arum. The former WBA/WBC welterweight champion thus took to social media Thursday to trash Terence Crawford's promoter. Between insults, Thurman contended that he did not ask for $10 million last year to challenge Crawford.
    [Click Here To Read More]

When it was Danny Garcia, "we didn't know who to call?" They also said "we didn't call Al because we wanted to make sure Danny got the offer," as if by calling Al, Danny would not get the offer! Then with Thurman, it was "Thurman asked for $10 Million, he priced himself out!" I believed that for a while until they offered Shawn Porter $1 Million! Porter said it, and Crawford never denied it! Bob might as well give Crawford a number for the buyout! Thurman is speaking truth, with ESPN behind him, Crawford should be able to afford Thurman or Porter!

Comment

Terence Duckford is a idiot

Comment

I actually read all of that. It was painful.

My understanding is that the sport generally isn't profitable enough for Arum to pay Bud's opponents enough to attract the really big fights. That is without taking a chunk out of his own fighters pay. I think the fighters need to accept a bit less. I mean the big guys. It's not just the lockdown but the economics of the whole industry that doesn't generate enough to pay someone who thinks they are a star, like they were actually a star. The Crawfords and Teofimo's need to reduce their demands to make the fights happen.

Comment

Injury riddled Thurman needs to shut his lisp having ass up and actually get in the ring with someone that has a pulse. He talks tough for someone who has been exposed by bums like Lopez, Garcia, and Collazo.

Comment

Keith Thurman seems to have forgot that he is no longer a champion, and does not call any shots. Shawn Porter will fill in for you, kick rocks hippie.

Comment

sadly he is right....and its something ive been telling everyone for awhile but few will listen....thats why bud hasnt come close to fighting any of the pbc guys not named spence....bob cant afford it....basically all bob can do is make a big ppv fight with spence...anyone who actually pays attention should have known this....i mean bob could make a fight but hes gonna lose money and i think hes all done losing any money on bud

Comment

Bob Arum, and his Top Rank Promotional organization, is a positive vehicle for boxer breaking into the business. It also appears that he's also effective in promoting the middle stages of his boxers career. I would go as far as his being essential in getting his fighters title opportunities, in order to become champions. It's after his fighters have become champions that, and have defended their titles a few times that the problems begin. It's as if after making them champions he wants them to pay him back for his help. At that point he doesn't want to split the pie fairly, as if it was all his doing. Not giving his fighters the deserved credit/payment for their own talent. He has to respect, and understand that the boxers are the ones risking life, and limb to reach their goals. Furthermore he has to learn to appreciate the blood, sweat, tears, time away from their families, operations incurred from their profession. This is lost on his continued lust to make the lions share of the all mighty dollar. He's made plenty of money throughout his decades in boxing, treat your fighters fairly. The fighters who have left him, have done so because they knew they were being short changed financially.

Comment

Thurman wants to be compensated well for the loss he would take. It affects his brand.

Comment

must be a errol the coward spence fan who crawford would destroy

Comment

Working...
                    X