Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fred Levin: An Appreciation (1937-2021)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fred Levin: An Appreciation (1937-2021)

By Thomas Hauser - Fred Levin, the Pensacola attorney who with his brother Stanley guided Roy Jones through the glory years of Jones's ring career, died on January 12, 2021, of complications from COVID-19. He was 83 years old. Levin, like Jones, was born and raised in Pensacola. After graduating from the University of Florida School of Law in 1961, he began a legal career tha...
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's a life very well lived - thank you Thomas Hauser for that essay.

Comment

Pretty sure Levin had little to no experience in boxing when Roy began to work with him. Roy and his dad had no trust in the boxing business after he was robbed in Seoul so wanted somebody from the outside the world of boxing.

RIP...

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Pretty sure Levin had little to no experience in boxing when Roy began to work with him. Roy and his dad had no trust in the boxing business after he was robbed in Seoul so wanted somebody from the outside the world of boxing.

RIP...
        Fred and his brother Stanley were big supporters of Roy Sr's amateur program and when RJ went pro he decided to keep them on because he trusted them because they did so much without getting things in return for so long.

I always remember watching the Super Bowl in January 1991 at his house on a screen in a movie theater he had at his house on the beach...most unbelievable house Ive ever seen in person.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
          Fred and his brother Stanley were big supporters of Roy Sr's amateur program and when RJ went pro he decided to keep them on because he trusted them because they did so much without getting things in return for so long.

I always remember watching the Super Bowl in January 1991 at his house on a screen in a movie theater he had at his house on the beach...most unbelievable house Ive ever seen in person.
          Cool story man, that was Giants vs Bills right? Great game unless I’m getting my dates mixed up. Thanks for the info...

Comment

Cool story man, that was Giants vs Bills right? Great game unless I’m getting my dates mixed up. Thanks for the info...
            Yes, definitely the Giants were in it, I remember that for sure.

That house was AWESOME....I mean like Scarface' house in the movie type awesome...had a gazebo out back in the Gulf Of Mexico with jet skis parked there. His backyard LITERALLY was the Gulf of Mexico...20 feet from his back steps

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
              Yes, definitely the Giants were in it, I remember that for sure.

That house was AWESOME....I mean like Scarface' house in the movie type awesome...had a gazebo out back in the Gulf Of Mexico with jet skis parked there. His backyard LITERALLY was the Gulf of Mexico...20 feet from his back steps
              Damn that’s crazy, law obviously pays well.

It doesn’t surprise all that much though, Fred seemed a real character. A house like that is almost befitting of his personality.

Comment

Damn that’s crazy, law obviously pays well.

It doesn’t surprise all that much though, Fred seemed a real character. A house like that is almost befitting of his personality.
                yup, he had a putting green on the side of the house...a movie theater off the back porch...a POOL ON THE porch, with florescent lights at night..he had a grill built into the house outside...

Comment

Nice article this one. Thanks and well done to Thomas Hauser.

Comment

Always great to hear about someone well off helping the less fortunate. Quite a gentleman. R.I.P. Mr Levin.

Comment

Working...
                    X