Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Buddy McGirt Predicts Shakur Stevenson Gets KO'ed by Teofimo Lopez, Starts Heated Squabble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Buddy McGirt Predicts Shakur Stevenson Gets KO'ed by Teofimo Lopez, Starts Heated Squabble

You can add the recent Buddy McGirt-Shakur Stevenson hoo-ha to the long list of bizarre boxing feuds. The controversy apparently stems from an interview in which McGirt, a hall of fame fighter and widely regarded trainer, lambasted in no uncertain terms the former 126-pound titleholder, regarded as one of the ace talents in the sport and cornerstone of promoter Top Rank, saying that his accomplishments are the result of mere promotional machinations. In a word, Stevenson is being "protected."
    [Click Here To Read More]

Can't blame McGirt for having an opinion. Can't blame Shakur for responding. Lopez is further along in his development and seems significantly bigger so he probably would stop Stevenson if they fought soon. Stevenson is young though and fighters mature and develop at different speeds. I think Stevenson might have the potential to be something special in the future. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Comment

Shakur is a bit like Haney. Great skilled prospect with questionable power that won a paper title who remains completely untested. If Shakur and Teo met at 135lbs, Teo would be the clear favourite.

Comment

My boy BoxingIsGreat

Comment

I agree Lopez beats Shakur, but I don't think he's being groomed for Lopez. First, Stevenson just moved up to 130, and believe he will be there for at least a year. Second, Lopez is at 135, and already looking to move up and won't be at 135 by the end of the year. So unless Stevenson plans to jump the lightweight division, ( which I guess is possible) I don't see this fight playing out, I think Bob has different plans for both. I will say if Berchelt stays long enough at 130, he's the one to pop Stevenson, but I think he's outgrowing the division himself and will probably move up before Bob nears Stevenson to Berchelt.

Comment

I'm not sure how many times you can say, "I love him" and follow it with, but he'll get knocked out. Are you trying to soften the harsh words? Why even say it?

Comment

He is only talking to the truth Shakar is not all that. Mcgirt was brillant boxer who was short for the weight but could outbox taller fighters. As a trainer even very good.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                I'm not sure how many times you can say, "I love him" and follow it with, but he'll get knocked out. Are you trying to soften the harsh words? Why even say it?
                Lmao...... Passive aggressive 101

Comment

Fighters are so sensitive!
                  A fighter gets criticized and the get butt hurt, they get called out or challenged and they get butt hurt....

Comment

[B]McGirt simply said, "The truth hurts. The truth hurts, baby."[/B]

That's what I was waiting for.

But... Shakur should have just said, "let's just stop it, I love you too much baby".

Comment

Working...
                    X