Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bjornsson Drops Ward, Who Rallies in Third: Both React To Exhibition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bjornsson Drops Ward, Who Rallies in Third: Both React To Exhibition

Thor Bjornsson says he loved every second of his exhibition bout with Steven Ward and has warned Eddie Hall that if he doesn't take it equally as seriously then the Englishman will be knocked out in the first round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He seemed to eat some decent shots well.

He didn't tire as much as I thought he would.

Comment

Fake as **** and i haven't even seen it. Training partners fighting a 3 round exhibition to build up the novice PPV fight later in the year. Obviously Bjornsson couldn't look bad, so Ward was paid to take it easy and make him look good.

Comment

It looked to me like ward could have really put it on him whenever he wanted, he did let go a little bit in round 3 and let thor know what was up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
          He seemed to eat some decent shots well.

He didn't tire as much as I thought he would.
          Ah sh^t I forgot all about this with the early UFC on.

Obviously it was an exhibition, but how would you have scored it?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

All 3 rounds it was Ward landing a few shots and then his footwork was so much smoother, faster he was out of range when anything came back. Big guy looked slightly better than I expected so I guess I'm picking him to beat the other big guy

edit: title says there was a knockdown, but he was hit in the shoulder
            Last edited by Clegg; 01-16-2021, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Reckon the beast'll cut through the mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I'd agree with what Clegg said mate and thought Ward won each round. Ward was able to get out of range when needed and landed some nice shots to head and body.

I haven't seen any footage of Eddie Hall, but I'd imagine Bjornsson could be him from seeing a little bit of him.

Comment

Eddie Hall will destroy him

Comment

I'm not sure if IFLTV videos play outside of the UK, but if they do.. then the fight starts about 22 minutes in:

Comment

Working...
                    X