Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Diaz Eager To End 130-Pound Title Unification Drought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Diaz Eager To End 130-Pound Title Unification Drought

Joseph JoJo' Diaz was still in middle school at the time of the last title unification fight to have taken place in the junior lightweight division. Marco Antonio Barrera's 12-round win over Robbie Peden to unify the WBC and IBF titles came in Sept. 2005. Diaz was just 13 years old and still deciding whether he wanted to one day play for the Los Angeles Dodgers or become a world-class boxer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like Diaz but he fought scared against Gary Russell and he's not beating Shakur.

Comment

I am more interested in Jo JO Diaz fighting forward then in Farmer. That dont mean Farmer is not to many peoples liking but Diaz fought a lot of guys with decent records, he fought thru a bad cut for 12 rounds if I am correct so he earned his place in these times to choose his direction. All fighters in all divisions know now how important each fight can turn out to be. With cancellations being more of a reality then in any other time in boxing. It is the times right now. Promoters know it too, but each fighter and promoter is taking dif roads and it will show as time passes. Interesting times for Diaz and all fighters as to go for the money or stick with the real challenges of boxing.

Comment

Why does he not Farmer in 4 weeks don’t rate that he gone quite but still talking. Diaz should fight him so he don’t do replacement fight and calls himself champion 😃😃🤷*♀️

Comment

I’m interested in the career of JoJo. One more solid-good win and I’ll probably be a full on fan. Former Olympian, relatively young Mexican-American, and he’s a legit dawg (winning his title on points w/ that nasty cut). He has everything necessary to be a star in this sport. Never heard of this mandatory challenger before, but I’ll excuse it due to the manner he won his title and the almost year layoff. Hopefully he isn’t just talking unification to keep his name relevant and will actually get in the ring with one of the other champs. We all know the SFW division and GB promotions needs it. Make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            I like Diaz but he fought scared against Gary Russell and he's not beating Shakur.
            He just got beat by a better fighter.
            It happens.
            Russell is no slouch.

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
              He just got beat by a better fighter.
              It happens.
              Russell is no slouch.
              I agree. I think Russell is a great fighter. But Diaz still came in with a scary gameplan.

Comment

I'll never forget the cut that JoJo suffered in that Farmer fight and his cut man was able to stop it from bleeding. That was legendary. Unfortunately, all the top guys he named will beat him.

Comment

JoJo, a big fan here. Ask Oscar if you can fight Davis next. What happened? I thought you wanted to fight him? Now sounds like he's the last one you wanna fight. What gives bro?

Comment

Working...
                  X