No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shane McGuigan Rates The Top Five Lightweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shane McGuigan Rates The Top Five Lightweights

By Tris Dixon - A huge amount of talk in boxing as 2021 opens surrounds the red-hot lightweight division. Boxing has its own Fab Five, with Vasiliy Lomachenko, Teofimo Lopez, Ryan Garcia, Gervonta Davis and Devin Haney and there seems to be little between any of them. But trainer Shane McGuigan has seen two of the brilliant crop while up close and personal hav...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by Tris Dixon
    Overall, it will be hard for any of them to trump the career achievements of the great Lomachenko and McGuigan reckons history might remember Loma as the best of the lot, and he’s certainly set a mightily impressive standard and it’s going to be an awful lot of fun watching the others trying to surpass his incredible haul of titles.

A 37 year old bantamweight midget, leaping two weight divisions, is Vasily's greatest win. How 'Hard' is it toping Lomachenko's resume? Bumchenko lost to 15-0 Teofimo Lopez!

These writers havent learned their lesson; denial is what its called. How can anyone with actual knowledge in boxing history describe Lomachenko's career on a ATG level?!

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

A 37 year old bantamweight midget, leaping two weight divisions, is Vasily's greatest win. How 'Hard' is it toping Lomachenko's resume? Bumchenko lost to 15-0 Teofimo Lopez!
      These writers havent learned their lesson; denial is what its called. How can anyone with actual knowledge in boxing history describe Lomachenko's career on a ATG level?!
      ———

I think these writers intentionally write some of the shït they write just to create a raging debate on this platform. Ad revenue typically gets measured on number of views as well as people posting their thoughts. That’s how they get paid.
      The old adage of “the pen is mightier than the sword” comes to mind.

That said, if Lopez fights Garcia and Haney and destroys them, that’s the end of the debate. Loma is still a legit contender at 135 but eclipsing his career is an easy thing for Lopez to do.

Comment

So many fat white dudes commenting on boxing.

Btw Mexicans love foot ball and boxing is 2 Nd

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
          ———

I think these writers intentionally write some of the shït they write just to create a raging debate on this platform. Ad revenue typically gets measured on number of views as well as people posting their thoughts. That’s how they get paid.

That said, if Lopez fights Garcia and Haney and destroys them, that’s the end of the debate. Loma is still a legit contender at 135 but eclipsing his career is an easy thing for Lopez to do.
          I was in prison in Oregon.. Sheridan.

Mexicans deep up in Oregon

Chubby white wimmin love chorizo

Portland is my kinda town

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
            ———

This is very possible and evident at times. The way I see it is that, the writers know that the average boxing fan is stupid, which is true. So the bar has to be set very low, in order for these dopes to feel they are qualified to contribute in the comment section.

Talks about trivial worldly material issues, that the average moron can speak on : for example, how much a boxers wife took him for in a scandalous divorces, that generates a lot of clicks. At the end of the day, boxingscene is a business, staff has to be paid, it is what it is.

Comment

Actually Loma himself said that he doesn’t view Rigo as his best win due to the size difference you mentioned.

I think his best wins are Gary Russell Jr., Nicholas Walters and Jorge Linares.

Taking and winning the Russell fight right after the Salido loss was clutch and Walters disappeared after Loma humiliated him.

Comment

'Kettle calling the pot black'! When are you going to learn that pride is a sickness and its stinks of contempt hypocrisy. How can anyone that call themselves a "boxing fan" call somebody of Lomachenkos caliber and pedigree a bum is dog **** stupid lol. When Breadman talks about the type of fans he hates; the ones that trash great fighters after a "lost", more emotion than brains, sound like *****es in the 1st degree. Boxing doesnt need fans like you go to the MMA forum punk!!

Comment

This is very possible and evident at times. The way I see it is that, the writers know that the average boxing fan is stupid, which is true. So the bar has to be set very low, in order for these dopes to feel they are qualified to contribute in the comment section.

Talks about trivial worldly material issues, that the average moron can speak on : for example, how much a boxers wife took him for in a scandalous divorces, that generates a lot of clicks. At the end of the day, boxingscene is a business, staff has to be paid, it is what it is.
                  Curious to know why you decafs think your qualified as a "hardcore fan" and others as "dumb average fans" is beyond me. Sometimes I sit back and read some of the dumbest biased **** you guys say and think to myself "Wow, these dudes actually think they know what their talking about. They actually think they sound smart to one another lol. Yep! YouTube is saturated with morons like you guys that read a few articles, watched a couple fights wake up the next day feeling inspired to create a YouTube channel just to mislead and misinform with stupid updates and biased insight. Jeez lool.
                  Last edited by 1Qbobo26; 01-16-2021, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Qbobo26 View Post
                    'Kettle calling the pot black'! When are you going to learn that pride is a sickness and its stinks of contempt hypocrisy. How can anyone that call themselves a "boxing fan" call somebody of Lomachenkos caliber and pedigree a bum is dog **** stupid lol. When Breadman talks about the type of fans he hates; the ones that trash great fighters after a "lost", more emotion than brains, sound like *****es in the 1st degree. Boxing doesnt need fans like you go to the MMA forum punk!!
                    Everything I said about this BUM Vasily Lomachenko, has come to pass. I got the same heat for A.J ; I told everybody that Anthony Joshua, was a glass-jaw overrated paper-champ, I said Andy Ruiz would knock-him out. Obviously I was right.

I guess I comprehend something you and the hype-cobblers dont. My words move the needle on the boxingscene, there is a reason why I'm quoted just as much as I post, and I hardly make threads to evoke attention.

I'm P4P the greatest of all time on this forum, you can kiss my ass!
                    Originally posted by 1Qbobo26 View Post
                    Curious to know why you decafs think your qualified as a "hardcore fan" and others as "dumb average fans" is beyond me. Sometimes I sit back and read some of the dumbest biased **** you guys say and think to myself "Wow, these dudes actually think they know what their talking about. They actually think they sound smart to one another lol. Yep! YouTube is saturated with morons like you guys that read a few articles, watched a couple fights wake up the next day feeling inspired to create a YouTube channel just to mislead and misinform with stupid updates and biased insight. Jeez lool.
                    What makes my opinion more valuable than yours and most casuals on the boxingscene you ask? Well let me tell you : Because I follow the whole sport, maybe? I have acquired enough knowledge over a decade since being on the boxingscene to actually speak on the history of every division in boxing, maybe? I dont need to google who is in the top five in every weight-division.

I break-down film study almost every-week, nobody on the internet has been doing this on a consistent basis as me, for years. I read books about boxing, the news and articles every day. Maybe this extra effort separates my opinion from a Johnny-come-lately with 40 post since 2016, whos too much of bitch to address me with his real account, maybe?
                    Last edited by 1hourRun; 01-16-2021, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X