Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andreas Katzourakis Aims To Be Next Star For Greece, Abel Sanchez at His Side

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andreas Katzourakis Aims To Be Next Star For Greece, Abel Sanchez at His Side

By Thomas Gerbasi - In a few weeks, the nearly 7,000-mile trip from Athens, Greece to Big Bear, California begins again for Andreas Katzourakis. It's not pleasant, it's not something to look forward to, but once he arrives at Abel Sanchez' The Summit Gym, the 23-year-old knows it's all for a reason. So far, so good for Katzourakis, who is 6-0 with five knocko...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good luck, Spartan warrior.

Comment

Interesting. Can't find much about this guy. Will be interested to see how it goes for him.

Comment

Coach

He can possibly be a star. To me, it has always been up to the fighters (whether physical or mental) if they are destined for stardom. On that note, Abel Sanchez is not that person. Abel Sanchez will not take him to the next level. If he gets there, it is because he was special to begin with.

I have yet to see Abel turn someone ordinary into someone special.

Comment

Originally posted by ValarMargulis View Post
          He can possibly be a star. To me, it has always been up to the fighters (whether physical or mental) if they are destined for stardom. On that note, Abel Sanchez is not that person. Abel Sanchez will not take him to the next level. If he gets there, it is because he was special to begin with.

I have yet to see Abel turn someone ordinary into someone special.
          Turning GGG into a better professional was big time..he was nothing like that prior or in the amateurs

Comment

Fingers crossed for the kid and I'll root for him but I ain't holding my breath, Greece simply hasn't had much of a boxing culture for a couple thousand years and there's nothing in his resume to date either ammy or pro that makes me think he's likely to set the world aflame.

Still, if he gets anywhere at all he'll help grow the sport in the motherland which can only be a good thing.

WAR Katzourakis!!!

mmm. Kid's a little bit stiff - reminds me of one of these dudes from Latvia or whatever - but he can bang a bit and there's a reasonable jab there. Lovely bodyshots too in the first clip.

Comment

Working...
            X