Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 8 Most Wanted: Fights That'll Continue Boxing's Roll in 2021

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: 8 Most Wanted: Fights That'll Continue Boxing's Roll in 2021

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Don't look now, but boxing is on a roll in 2021. Gradually relegated from the mainstream by the rise of MMA and a prolonged dearth of transcendent stars, the sweet science finished 2020 with a momentum unseen in years. Several of the sport's top names were in action over the pandemic-ravaged calendar's final few months including pay-per-view...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Spence vs Crawford unification
    Canelo vs Charlo no ducking
    Lopez vs Haney undisputed
    Ramirez vs Taylor undisputed
    Beterbiev vs Bivol unification
    Golovkin vs Andrade unification
    Fury vs Wilder 3 finally
    Plant vs Benavidez grudge match
    Last edited by Hustle; 01-12-2021, 01:31 AM.

Comment

The author is a fuking ****** Douglas is fat 60 year old diabetic

calling for him to get in the ring is unethical sports journalism

Comment

If Fitzsimmons can earn a wage writing this crap then nobody has an excuse for being out of a job

Comment

alvarez did not "take down " callum smith who finished the fight on his feet and was competitive for the whole 12 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
            The author is a fuking ****** Douglas is fat 60 year old diabetic

calling for him to get in the ring is unethical sports journalism

Not only is he 60 years old and palpably unfit, and unable to do 6-8 rounds, but the writer is talking about a fight...a return match. Which is the most stupid nonsense I've heard from a writer for many years-if I've ever heard such before.

Their original match was a brutal affair, and along with the result, and the very long 14-15 sec count, could arouse bitter resentment in Tyson who would perhaps forget, like the writer, that it is NOT a fight, but an old-timers' exhibition, with NO result, no allowed KOs or violent contact, it's supposed to be a bit of nostalgia; the old -timers doing their bit for boxing and charities during a scanty and lean boxing period......I can visualise Douglas suffering a stroke in the ring.

Such a nonsensical suggestion.

Comment

Tyson vs Douglas II - this is not a needle mover. Tyson vs Holyfield III is a needle mover if we are talking old guy fights.

Berlanga vs Rosado - I dig both guys & Berlanga is a fun watch, but this fight is moving no needles & definitely wouldn't be a big fight to make. It's extremely unlikely Berlanga even has a big fight in 2021 & it's not crazy to suggest he doesn't even get a main event fight this year.

Tank vs King Ry - definitely a big fight & needle mover & one of the biggest fights of the year if it legit can be made as both sides seem to be saying. I have my doubts this fight could happen this year let alone next, but take my money if it does happen.

Josh vs JCR - this feels like a low caliber needle mover for casuals, but us hardcores are dialed into it more & it should be fun.

Teo vs Tank - definitely a needle mover, but I feel like it's unlikely to be in the cards for 2021.

Canelo vs GGG III - past it's fresh by date, but still a big fight for the sport & been competitive the first 2 times. Has Canelo improved & GGG fallen off enough for this to finally be a clear & conclusive W for Canelo? Idk, but I'd bet on it. That said I'd have bet on it in the rematch & lost money.

Errol vs Bud - losing luster daily as Bud gets older & Errol is turning 31 soon & burning up his prime not fighting his biggest rival yet. And I don't see it happening this year unless Bud leaves TR. It's a needle mover when it happens doe & probably even if it don't happen til 2022.

Fury vs AJ - huge needle mover for the UK, feels less so for the US. Should break all UK PPV records & in sheer numbers, maybe not revenue, should be up there overall.

Comment

Did this guy seriously just put Berlanga-Rosado in the same list as Spence-Crawford and Fury-Joshua?

We have a golden opportunity to see numerous weight classes unified in 2021, which is what we should all be pushing for:

Heavy: Joshua v. Fury
                175: Beterbiev v. Bivol
                168: Canelo v. Saunders, Plant v. the winner
                154: Charlo v. Texeira/Castaño winner & Lara
                147: Spence v. Pacquiao, winner v. Crawford
                140: Taylor v. Ramirez
                135: López v. Haney (**** the WBC)
                118: Inouye v. Casimero, winner v. Oubaali
                115: Chocolatito v. Estrada, winner v. winner of Ioka v. Ancajas

It looks like heavy, 168, 154, and 140 are a lock given the talk, money and favorable politics, while 118 and 115 show promising signs... That’s a pretty good haul even without Crawford-Spence, Beterbiev-Bivol or Lopez-Haney. Unifications should be mandatory unless somebody vacates.

Comment

Taylor vs Ramirez
                  Canelo vs King Artur
                  Oscar vs GGG
                  Pacman vs Spence
                  Cooney vs Holmes II
                  Price vs Wilder
                  Froch vs Calzaghe
                  Mayweather vs erm.. Victor Ortiz II (unfinished business, 1st fight didn't count)

In no particular order.
                  Last edited by Marvlus Marv; 01-12-2021, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Buster and gabe making a list of fights to see in 2021. Behave yourself

Comment

Working...
                    X