Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jessie Vargas Eyes 2021 Q1 Return, Wants To Become Three Division Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jessie Vargas Eyes 2021 Q1 Return, Wants To Become Three Division Champion

Like many fighters in 2020, Jessie Vargas was only able to see action one time. The former two-division champion lost an unanimous decision to Mikey Garcia in late February just before the COVID-19 pandemic brought the sports world to a screeching halt.
    [Click Here To Read More]

There's no way he can compete in 154, guys are just too big and strong for him and there's nothing Jessie does exceptionally well that will carry him at 154.

Comment

Vargas just lacks the physicality to compete with the top 154ers imo.

Comment

If anyone neededa layoff it was Jessie.

Comment

Vargas, good, not special. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
            There's no way he can compete in 154, guys are just too big and strong for him and there's nothing Jessie does exceptionally well that will carry him at 154.
            He’s only got 3 options:

1. Move up
            2. Become gatekeeper against 147 contenders
            3. Retire

Comment

The last interview I saw with Vargas his eye looked off to me a bit hopefully he retires or stays at 147 because if he's getting dropped by a 147 lb Mikey Garcia like that I don't want to see him take punches from guys at 154.

Comment

Vargas a solid B fighter. You know your gonna get some good rounds in against him. He's who I would put in against for the upper talent to find out what you got.

Comment

Three division gatekeeper

Comment

This guy is boring and has an annoying style. Just go the **** away already.

Comment

Working...
                    X