Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Working on Golovkin-Munguia; Imagine That Fight Headlining Cinco de Mayo Weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Working on Golovkin-Munguia; Imagine That Fight Headlining Cinco de Mayo Weekend

DALLAS-Oscar de la Hoya and his Golden Boy Promotions company are ready to re-enter the Gennadiy Golovkin business. Discussions remain ongoing for a middleweight title fight between Kazakhstan's Golovkin (41-1-1, 36KOs) and Jaime Munguia (36-0, 29KOs), with such a clash eyed for mid-spring to air live on DAZN. Munguia-a former 154-pound titlist -picked up his second straight win at middleweight following a 6th round stoppage of Tureano Johnson last October. Golovkin scored a 7th round stoppage of unbeaten mandatory challenger Kamil Szeremeta in the first defense of his second title reign on Dec. 18th in Hollywood, Florida.
    [Click Here To Read More]

A 70% GGG should handle that kid quite easily. Munguia can't win a fire fight against GGG and can't box with him either, I expect an entertaining fight where GGG wins by stoppage unless GGG is completely washed. If Munguia ptoves me wrong and wins though, then sky is the limit for him.

Comment

I think canelo already beat you on the date Oscar lol .

Comment

Munguia is definitely getting GGG at the right time for sure

Comment

Interesting that GBP are pursuing this for munguia. I'd have thought they'd have gotten him a couple more fights at 160, and let Golovkin deteriorate a little more, before doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
            Interesting that GBP are pursuing this for munguia. I'd have thought they'd have gotten him a couple more fights at 160, and let Golovkin deteriorate a little more, before doing this.
            Golden Boy has to pursue the GGG fight now. Munguia has one last fight with Golden boy left in his contract, and I doubt Zanfer Promotions will have him re-up to another co-promotion deal with them now that Canelo gone. You gonna have sleazy Eddie Hearn and Bob Arum both try to sign him after his next fight. It’s a shame Golden Boy did right by Munguia didn’t put him in too deep early in his career but now another promotion will benefit from their work, such is the boxing business.

Comment

This fight should not happen. GGG is way too experienced and skilled for him. I see a beat down worse than Lemieux. This fight could ruin Munguia and is not the learning fight that Canelo had with Mayweather to could elevate Munguia's skills.

Comment

If this fight happens, Andrade needs to leave MatchRoom ASAP! No GGG, no Saunders, no Canelo, no bueno!

Comment

Interesting fight. Wondering if ggg go older overnight and get a beating to a young lion. I can see a vrry competitive and explosive fight going the distance...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    If this fight happens, Andrade needs to leave MatchRoom ASAP! No GGG, no Saunders, no Canelo, no bueno!
                    Bronx i always respect your opinions. Let Andrade fight Charlo!!! Whoever wins then has a huge amount of momentum.

Comment

Working...
                    X