Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Campbell: Credit To Ryan Garcia, He Got Up And Showed He's Got Real Heart

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Campbell: Credit To Ryan Garcia, He Got Up And Showed He's Got Real Heart

DALLAS-Luke Campbell knew he was facing a potentially special fighter from the moment he watched Ryan Garca rise from perfect punch. The DAZN-televised main event from American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas kicked the new year off to a booming start, with both boxers hitting the deck in their interim lightweight title fight. Campbell produced the first knockdown of the fight and of Garca's career, landing a well-placed left hand to send the unbeaten 22-year old crashing to the canvas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great performance from the young man. Needs to work on defense though. Campbell landed some nice shots. If tank lands those same shots Garcia could be in trouble.

Comment

Definitely showed heart. That wasn't a minor knockdown, he was hit flush, he didn't see it coming and you could see it momentarily had him stunned. Did well to recover so rapidly, but definitely needs to work on that defence -- he can't count on his powers of recovery to get him out of trouble going forward.

Comment

This new generation build up or set up really sucks! Ain't one damn so called new superstar to really appreciate. It's as if, who can a aging boxing fan appteciate anymore? How about someone that doesn't think they are bigger than the sport itself? Or an honest class act? Unfortunately we have spoiled brats with obnoxious mouths bragging about one meaningful win as if it was a defining career accomplishment to land them automatically in the boxing hof. Where did guys like Duran, Hagler and Leonard go ( to name a few )? Real fighters look for the next toughest opponent to prove themselves even more and without all the gibberrish talk. As we go into 2021 it isn't who is your favorite up and comming fighter? It's now which of the newcomers do you tollerate more or enough to want to watch fight again. Where is Kostya Tszyu when the sport needs him most. To put ****y, mouthy fighters in their place. Oh yea it's 2021 they can avoid matchups like that now and be told how good they still are without really proving anything. Or in one case out of Brooklyn maybe two, pretend from a gift and sadly belive it themselves. Waiting for a savior in the sport! Please apply soon!!

Comment

It was an impressive win but I feel like Lopez and Tank would be rubbing their hands together. He showed little head movement or footwork. I thought Luke had him where he wanted him but walked into that one shot. The punch stats were dubious and DAZN commentary was insane.

Comment

Nice win, but he has no head movement and stands straight up. His defense is his offense. All credit for getting up and stopping Luke. Exciting fighter for sure, strong and fast. I think his straight up style will be a problem down the road.

Comment

He's not ready for Tank.. But I'm not hating on the fight. I'll buy it!

Comment

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                Who has Tank fought to show he can handle what Ryan brings to the table?

Comment

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                  He definitely needs to work on his head movement but I think he was overly excited about this fight and having to prove something, but he's ready for Tank, if a blown up bantamweight in Santa Cruz can give tank fits, Garcia with his size and power can definitely give tank fits. Book it.

Comment

I was rooting for Garcia, but DAZN commentators are brutal. They were talking about having every round(but the round with the KD) for Garcia. I had it much closer than that. Campbell was landing good shots in every round, despite moving backwards much of the time.

I thought Davies had it more correct. Lots of very close rounds before the KO

DAZN commentators are their to praise the cash cow, and they don't even try to hide it.

On Garcia himself: I thought he showed heart and grit to get up from the KD. He answered many questions but raised new ones. His head movement and foot work are suspect. He definitely needs to work on that. Reynoso and Canelo offer plenty to learn from.

As it stands, I would favor Lopez or Davis over Garcia.

Comment

Working...
                    X