Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia: Lomachenko, Linares Couldn't Take Out Campbell, I Climbed Off Canvas To Knock Him Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia: Lomachenko, Linares Couldn't Take Out Campbell, I Climbed Off Canvas To Knock Him Out

DALLAS-Ryan Garcia is surrounded by too much greatness to let any type of adversity stand in the way of achieving his goals. The unbeaten lightweight contender proved his mettle in his most recent performance, climbing off of canvas to drop and stop England's Luke Campbell in the 7th round of their interim title fight. Garcia hit the deck for the first time in his career, going down from an overhand left by Campbell midway through round two before dusting himself off and showing to the world there is just as much substance as there is style to his game.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jorge Linares, actually slipped, blocked, and picked punches off. Goofball Garcia, take a look how Jorge Linares blocks and deflects Luke's body-attack with his weak-hand ( the left ), and compare that to how you nearly got your lights put out, by botching a basic parry

#levels.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Jorge Linares, actually slipped, blocked, and picked punches off. Goofball Garcia, take a look how Jorge Linares blocks and deflects Luke's body-attack with his weak-hand ( the left ), and compare that to how you nearly got your lights put out, by botching a basic parry

#levels.
      Linares was 32 years old, and had over 40 pro fights when fought Campbell. Ryan was 22 years old, and only 20 fights, and he got the KO. Can we show the kid a little love?

Comment

I’d venture to say that the more important data point isn’t that Garcia stopped Luke Campbell and Loma and Linares didn’t, but that Garcia got dropped by Campbell. He got the job done and credit is due, but the defensive holes he has will have to be plugged before stepping in the ring with the title holders at 135.

Comment

similar to how Broner got dropped. that fake jab to the stomach overhand combo works wonders.

Comment

Yes he’s correct however neither Linares nor Lomachenko was dropped like a whores knickers.

Garcia needs to slow down with believing the hype and get back to the gym because he’s got lots to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              I’d venture to say that the more important data point isn’t that Garcia stopped Luke Campbell and Loma and Linares didn’t, but that Garcia got dropped by Campbell. He got the job done and credit is due, but the defensive holes he has will have to be plugged before stepping in the ring with the title holders at 135.
              I think it's a credit to Garcia to be able to get off the canvas at a young age and come back to Win the fight.

But I guess you might be right. Knocking out a former gold medalist who's only losses were to ex-World Champions ( one of them a P4P #1 at the time ) who couldn't KO him is No big deal.

Comment

Son, the point is, Lomachenko was not even close to be dropped by Luke.

Levels.

Comment

The question heading into this fight was whether Ryan Garcia was a legitimate contender or a social media pretender...I think the answer, based on what we saw against Campbell, is that he's a legitimate contender with incredible potential who still has some things to work on; at his age that is acceptable.

His power, speed and resilience are impressive. His defense and foot movement are not. These are things that can be worked on.

That was probably the best possible outcome for Garcia. He triumphed in spectacular fashion but he was also tested and shown first hand that he still has serious vulnerabilities he needs to address.

Comment

Ryan Garcia need to work on his head movement else next time he wont have chance to get up.

How about Garcia vs Commey

Comment

Working...
                    X