Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roger Gutierrez Drops Rene Alvarado Three Times, Wins WBA Title With Close Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roger Gutierrez Drops Rene Alvarado Three Times, Wins WBA Title With Close Decision

DALLAS-Rene Alvarado's title reign began by avenging a previous defeat, only to suffer the same fight in his first attempted title fight. Roger Gutierrez registered the first significant upset of 2021, scoring three knockdowns en route to a 12-round unanimous decision over Alvarado to win a secondary version of the junior lightweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good fight both showed heart I thought Alvarado edged it as the champ but good for Roger won the belt in his mother's memory and sets up a trilogy and another payday for both

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      DALLAS-Rene Alvarado's title reign began by avenging a previous defeat, only to suffer the same fight in his first attempted title fight. Roger Gutierrez registered the first significant upset of 2021, scoring three knockdowns en route to a 12-round unanimous decision over Alvarado to win a secondary version of the junior lightweight title.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      What a gutsy ass fight, great card so far. I would still watch every single Alvarado fight, great performance by both, Gutierrez with the style of a Jackal. I hope this win helps him bring his game up, would love to see a rematch.

Comment

This fight was amazing and the whole card delivered. There definitely should be a 3rd match between Alvarado and Gutierrez. Rubber matches like these are not very common.

Comment

This one was a surprise.

Comment

Got three fights out of that card, that was what I was hoping for. 108 - 130 - 135 They did not even hype the undercards but I knew that there was a solid chance of some good fights under there, they delivered.

Comment

I'm not a fan of inside incentives being spit out over and over during a boxing match. Maybe Alvarado had some inside motivation too. All that aside GREAT FIGHT! i knew it would be best on the card and sure was. Not a big fan of trilogys but this matchup deserves it. Props to both fighters!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                Good fight both showed heart I thought Alvarado edged it as the champ but good for Roger won the belt in his mother's memory and sets up a trilogy and another payday for both
                There were lapses of Alvarado straight up outboxing the challenger but with 3 knockdowns, it’s tough to get the benefit of a doubt ..

If Alvarado was a star and a household name, he could have got the decision but too bad he isn’t Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                  There were lapses of Alvarado straight up outboxing the challenger but with 3 knockdowns, it’s tough to get the benefit of a doubt ..

If Alvarado was a star and a household name, he could have got the decision but too bad he isn’t Canelo.
                  Yeah for sure those 3 knockdowns were crucial especially the last one which is why I'm ok with Gutierrez winning Alvarado showed he's resilient as well and I'm sure the 3rd fight would be just as entertaining.

Comment

This 1 hurt.

Comment

Working...
                    X