Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Ryan Garcia Must Respect Luke Campbell In Ring, Give Him The Chance To Fail

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Ryan Garcia Must Respect Luke Campbell In Ring, Give Him The Chance To Fail

The brass at Golden Boy Promotions is in full agreement that the upcoming fight with Luke Campbell was a necessary next step in the rising career of Ryan Garcia. While all remain confident in banking on the rising 22-year old to prevail, Garcia's vow to walk through the veteran lightweight contender far exceeds the expectations surrounding this weekend's DAZN headliner.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If he beat Campbell convincingly then i will believe he can be a star...

Comment

Pretty excited about the fight. I hope Campbell is bringing his A game to the ring

Comment

Originally posted by Drigo View Post
        If he beat Campbell convincingly then i will believe he can be a star...
        ———-

What if he gets KO’d in his next fight? Will he still be a star?

Comment

Shades of Victor Ortiz

When I watch the young power-punching, pretty-boy up-start that is Ryan Garcia, I can’t help but compare him to a young Victor Ortiz.

At one point, Ortiz was being groomed for greatness by GBP, as the heir-apparent to DLH. This all came crashing down when Ortiz ran into his first real test of adversity in Marcos Maidana.

Ortiz definitely had the physical tools to be a great fighter, but lacked the mental resilience to overcome adversity.

The question is, how will Garcia deal with adversity? It takes more than good looks to reach the pinnacle of boxing.

Comment

because this is the hardest opponent he has faced i mean he is levels above anyone else ryan has faced i think it will bring garcias level up as well and we will see that he is the real thing

Comment

He definitely has to respect Luke who also carries good power himself.

Comment

Some wise words here from Hopkins. It's one thing to look the business against lower level opponents. As soon as you raise the level of the opponent to the standard of Luke Campbell, it suddenly becomes much harder to look brilliant. The things he does well won't work so easily; his flaws will be tested and/or exploited. I suspect he will labour to a victorious decision against Campbell. If he stops him, I will start to believe the hype a little.

Comment

and this...

Give Him The Chance To Fail

is why recent comments regarding Hopkins can only be considered as... re-tarded

show some respect you piss-ass casual-fan clowns, seriously

I bet half of you clowns have NO idea what that means

Comment

Originally posted by Fightfan79 View Post
                    When I watch the young power-punching, pretty-boy up-start that is Ryan Garcia, I can’t help but compare him to a young Victor Ortiz.

At one point, Ortiz was being groomed for greatness by GBP, as the heir-apparent to DLH. This all came crashing down when Ortiz ran into his first real test of adversity in Marcos Maidana.

Ortiz definitely had the physical tools to be a great fighter, but lacked the mental resilience to overcome adversity.

The question is, how will Garcia deal with adversity? It takes more than good looks to reach the pinnacle of boxing.

HUGE call, at this point.... we will see

the kid shows much more promise than Ortiz imo

Comment

Working...
                    X