Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ioka: I Wish Estrada, Chocolatito The Best, Look Forward To Fighting Them Soon In America

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ioka: I Wish Estrada, Chocolatito The Best, Look Forward To Fighting Them Soon In America

Kazuto Ioka already has designs on an encore with a win in his latest New Year's Eve headliner. A bold challenge awaits Japan's lone-ever male boxer to claim titles in four weight divisions, as he next faces unbeaten countryman Kosei Tanaka (15-0, 9KOs) this Thursday at Ota-City General Gymnasium in Tokyo. The bout will mark Ioka's second attempted defense of a junior bantamweight title, reigning in what is now a lucrative division given its top players.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Such a good fight! Be a slap in the face if boxing fans miss the oppertunity to watch it. New years eve this year particular will have many more viewers than normal. Surprised networks weren't crawling over each other to host it. I also thought Higa was fighting on this card. If so, what are they thinking?Get the damn fight on tv for all!!

Comment

Not going to happen the Fight on TV. ESPN+ is willing to show up for the Bantam Euro Fight on the 22nd in London but not this card. A EBU Euro Banta Title & a Commonwealth Light Title & 4 TBA's What card has more pull on the fight fan ? And Plus can talk about time Zones but that is no big deal, they dont care if you watch it live or 8 hours later as long as you click on it and watch. But this is boxings scheduling, loyalties, unfocused directions that they always go in. Can not explain it, waste of time. It will show up and be watched by some fight fans but not get the attention it deserves.

Comment

This is a great matchup... but off topic, what happened to Nietes? I remember him fighting Ioka the same date in 2018 and haven’t heard a peep since. Did he retire?

Comment

Not officially but he has not fought since that date basically 24 months 12-18 til now ? Could go to his age, his conditions outside the ring, the division he fights in your guess is better then mine. Maybe he was planning a fight before the end of 2019 then WWP hit and it was lay low time. This Pandemic effects fighters in a way dif then other sports, most guys fight 2-3 X's a year at best and only can go at it for what is the average for the lighter weight classes we are talking about here ? You tell me. Those mix of facts tell some kind of a story without any input from the Nietes. Has he made any statements to his fans was it picked up by any boxing media. There is an off topic the boxing media stays very focused on a few fighters and only branches out if a fight is televised and they have a $$$ interest in a fighter. 108 to 115 LBs dont get a lot of ink or attention overall. Somebody will have to dig deeper.

Comment

Bit of a shame how noone mentions Ancajas anymore; he's really slipped from recognition.

Comment

There are a lot of names in the weight class from 108 LBs all the way to 115 LBs I could run off several fights that I saw in just the past 18 months that were great fights. excellent fights skill, power yes power at those divisions and excitement. That Zepada fight that everyone is calling fight of the year well there are just as exciting fights in those above wght classes that compare well to said Zep bout but the smaller guys get no ink. Why is that ? Now get to 118 and people begin slowly to take notice then as the weights go up a bit more interest is how I notice it. I am no historian on these subjects so I could be wrong but that is the feel I get and my take a quick take but a take. Good knock around on this topic glad it got started even tho it was started about being cheated out of a possible great or at least solid card as the starting point of the thread. Look at the Nakatani fight he was down for the count or so it seemed and bam round what # 8 everything changed. So goes the little guys. As they are refered to. I better stop.

Comment

To answer one question, no one talks about Jerwin Ancajas anymore because he only fights bums. He shows no interest in testing himself against the best. In the same category as Zurdo Ramirez, BJS, Andrade and Munguia.

Comment

Working...
                X