Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Eyes April Return, Murata Shot By Year's End

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Eyes April Return, Murata Shot By Year's End

Former two division world champion Sergio Martinez made good on his promise to return to the sport in 2020. At 45-years-old, Martinez wants to continue marching forward until he accomplishes his goal of a showdown with WBA "regular" middleweight champion Ryota Murata of Japan.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope he's joking about fighting Murata.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      I hope he's joking about fighting Murata.
      Taking bigger risks than Golovkin!

Comment

War Sergio!

Comment

Slow down Sergio. He won’t be able to keep up with Murata’s pace.

Comment

...I want to see Maravilla vs. Golovkin.

I have to know. I need to know.

Comment

Oh lord, Murata would smash what is left of Martinez

Comment

That seems possible. A 45 year old has-been would be about the level of risk Arum would take with Murata and his phony belt.

Comment

Martinez was a fantastic fighter in his prime but his knees were completely shot a decade ago, unless he's got some sort of bionic supports for them there's no way he does more than a couple of rounds.

Comment

An exhibition against De La Hoya could provide him the payday he may want/need to stay away. Exhibitions are much safer and sometimes line your pockets if you play your hand correctly.

I don't wanna see him out there against any young and hungry fighters at this point. Surely, he'll do better than that of a James Kirkland but we don't need to see him take that plunge in hopes of winning big.

One exceptional win could possibly lead to a bigger fight and that's where that pressure comes in to "compete" at a high level. I like Maravilla but Cotto took what most felt was Sergio's last.

Comment

Working...
                    X