Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ioka: Tanaka's Looking To Take My Crown, Don't Have Much Feeling About Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ioka: Tanaka's Looking To Take My Crown, Don't Have Much Feeling About Him

For all that he's accomplished in his career, it's a fair argument to claim that Kazuto Ioka's place in history is well secured. Taking out the potential heir to the throne, however, is motivation enough to further enhance his legacy. Ioka (25-2, 14KOs) attempts the second defense of his junior bantamweight title versus countryman and unbeaten former three-division titlist Kosei Tanaka (15-0, 9KOs). Their long-anticipated clash takes place December 31 at Ota-City General Gymnasium in Tokyo, precisely where both left off in separate bouts exactly one year prior.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Still can't believe nobody has picked up this fight...

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      Still can't believe nobody has picked up this fight...
      Every now and then a really good fight like this makes you wonder why some network couldn't pick it up. Not even sure if it is being streamed somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        Every now and then a really good fight like this makes you wonder why some network couldn't pick it up. Not even sure if it is being streamed somewhere.
        boxnation picked it up.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          I don’t think the last few 12/31 cards were picked up TBH. No wonder most Americans say “he’s a jap bum who hasn’t fought anyone” whenever one of these guys becomes somewhat mainstream

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          boxnation picked it up.
          Damn you guys are lucky. So there should be an English stream? Can’t understand Japanese but the commentators still amp me up haha

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            I don’t think the last few 12/31 cards were picked up TBH. No wonder most Americans say “he’s a jap bum who hasn’t fought anyone” whenever one of these guys becomes somewhat mainstream

Damn you guys are lucky. So there should be an English stream? Can’t understand Japanese but the commentators still amp me up haha
            Haha you and me both. I actually searched out the japenese commentry version of inoue v donaire just to hear how mental they were going. Thats how sad i am lol. Yes there will be an english stream knocking about bud.

Comment

^Kosei Tanaka's vulnerability to the right hand.

^Kazuto Ioka's effective right.

Comment

All the boxing purists will watch this historical battle!

Comment

Why couldn’t ESPN pick this one up? It was a good move by Kyoguchi to sign with Eddie Hearn and to be managed by Reynoso. We’ll get see him on DAZN now.

Comment

I love how whenever this fight is mentioned, it's always the same five or six of us in the threads

Comment

Working...
                    X