No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Hoping To Claim WBO Ranking of Joe Joyce

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Hoping To Claim WBO Ranking of Joe Joyce

David Higgins, the manager of heavyweight contender Joseph Parker, is hoping that his boxer overtakes the WBO's number 2 ranking - which is currently held by Olympic silver medal winner Joe Joyce. The man sitting in the WBO's top spot, is mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk.
    [Click Here To Read More]

the only way parker could surpass joe joyce is by beating him in the ring ain't gonna happen

Comment

Joyce got his #2 ranking from beating the #2 at the time, I like Parker but he should have to do the same. In what world would it be fair for someone to supplant a newly instated #2 by beating a #6? But this is pro boxing and sanctioning body's have never really been bothered by fairness have they? Cross their palms with silver and see what you get.

Comment

Forget about it. There's a reason WBO is called Warren and Bob organization, just like WBC=PBC.

Comment

Parker really needs better management ,these guys are not to good . There’s literally no buzz at all surrounding Fa and would not over take Joyce spot based off nothing .

Comment

This is disgraceful from Parker's management. Instead of them to think how to fight Joyce or even Usyk they are thinking of supplantation. Parker is the most poorly managed HW within the last decade

Comment

Parker is unlucky to be involved with these guys. New Zealand and Australia produce good fighters but the managers and trainers always seem loud and amateurish

Comment

Higgins talking out of his fart pipe again. I like Parker, he's got a solid chin and a good trainer, would like to see him throw more leather but no way does a victory over Fa elevate him over Joyce.

Comment

You talk as though Dubois being #2 when Joe beat him was logical, it was a complete Frank Warren special.

If we ignore all that which is a lot to ignore then Parker shouldn't jump over Joe with Fa. Ideally the two Joe's would fight.

Anyway Joyce is getting on so I have no problem with him getting his shot earlier and given Frank owns the WBO it's happening. Parker has already had one shot and has avoided any attempt to boost his resume post Whyte.

Since Parker lost to Whyte all he has done about it is moan then look at all the fights Whyte took since. I get Whytes a hard person to like but he picks good fights. Fa is below Joe's level not as bad as that last Ortiz fight mind and I get it makes money in New Zealand in a pandemic.

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
                  Joyce got his #2 ranking from beating the #2 at the time, I like Parker but he should have to do the same. In what world would it be fair for someone to supplant a newly instated #2 by beating a #6? But this is pro boxing and sanctioning body's have never really been bothered by fairness have they? Cross their palms with silver and see what you get.

Comment

Make Joyce v Dubois, and winner fights Usyk....by then hopefully the undisputed scene is clear and the winner gets the champ.

Ah but this is boxing and competition doesn't count.

Comment

Working...
                    X