Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tanaka And Ioka Look To Provide The New Year's Eve Fireworks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tanaka And Ioka Look To Provide The New Year's Eve Fireworks

By Corey Erdman - Nothing illustrates the disconnect between the North American boxing community and the Japanese boxing scene better than the lack of discussion about the New Year's bout between Kazuto Ioka and Kosei Tanaka outside of the absolute die-hard circles. Ioka and Tanaka will meet on Thursday night in Tokyo with Ioka's WBO world super flyweight ti...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Excited for the bout, should be a banger. War Tanaka!

Comment

Great to have a bang before 2020 will end hope everyone will go back to their normal routine this 2021

Comment

Awweeee yeah let's go!!!!!

Comment

"I'm going to beat (on) him until the last second" - damn!!!

That sounds more brutal than when you hear "I want to take his head of his shoulders" because we know that is figurative. But it is literally possible to beat on somebody the whole fight.

Comment

most North American fans can't relate to foreign boxers and lighter weights.

But it's not just casuals but professionals as well - Breadman says that welterweight is the most competitive weight class which may be true in the USA (may not) but is definitely not true at world level.

You have South America, Mexico, Central America plus China, Japan, Thailand and Phillipines which are all major boxing regions/nations with close to half the world's population and the average athlete male there weighs shy of 147 - a lot less.

On a world scale I'm saying the most competitive weights are between 112-130 and always will be. So Super Fly at 115 is far deeper and more competitive than 147 and cruiserweight.

Comment

Originally posted by lagako10 View Post
              Great to have a bang before 2020 will end hope everyone will go back to their normal routine this 2021
              that's off-topic but goes without saying :-)

Comment

This is the fight the hardcore fans are excited about. We’re all looking forward to this one! This is a historic matchup.

Comment

I gotta find a stream for this I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    I gotta find a stream for this I suppose
                    Box Nation will be broadcasting this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X