Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yvon Michel: Oscar Rivas Is Open to Becoming First Bridgerweight Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yvon Michel: Oscar Rivas Is Open to Becoming First Bridgerweight Champion

When Mauricio Sulaiman of the World Boxing Council announced the inaugural rankings for a new heavyweight division which he dubbed "Bridgerweight" and which runs from 200-224 pounds earlier this month, the boxing world, not known for its unity or cooperation, came together to utter a collective sigh of disdain.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fighters will take any stupid belt that's put out there

Comment

Yes, fighters will... And their camp buys in on the con! I'm really starting to lose my patients with this sport.

Comment

The weight difference between cruiserweight and the big heavyweight is huge so I think it makes sense. Let's see how it goes.

Comment

Doesn't make sense to me. Some weight classes need to go away, and others adjusted. e.g LHW should be 185 lbs and Cruiser should be 205 limit.

Comment

It's such a terrible idea. A lot of heavyweights, even really big ones, will be able to go below 224 lbs. What does that do to the ranks of the HW division? 6'7" Deontay Wilder would consistently come in beneath that for most of his career.

There's an argument that maybe cruiser should go up to 205 lbs -- with maybe then some implications for raising the upper end of LHW as well -- but a whole new weight division is the last thing boxing needs.

Comment

Why does incorrect nonsense get added to so many articles? There was nothing controversial about the Rivas vs Whyte decision. It was a clear cut win for Whyte by 4,5,points.

Comment

Why is Micheal Hunter not ranked for the Bridgeweight?

Comment

Can’t see this synthetic division doing much business in UK or USA.

Comment

I like this division. The same people that are hating on it are the same people that whine about heavyweights fighting cruiserweights.

Comment

Working...
                    X