Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer: Hughie Fury is a Different Fighter Today, Come a Long Way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trainer: Hughie Fury is a Different Fighter Today, Come a Long Way

Peter Fury, father and head trainer of heavyweight contender Hughie Fury (25-3, 14 KOs), believes his son has come a long way in the last few years. Hughie, 26-years-old, was in action earlier this month, when he won a tough ten round unanimous decision over Polish giant Mariusz Wach at Wembley Arena as part of the undercard to Anthony Joshua's mandatory defense against Kubrat Pulev.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hughy Fury would completely outbox Joshua and Wilder and would be even money to beat his cousin Tyson, that's how much he has improved lately.

Comment

Originally posted by thereeldeel View Post
      Hughy Fury would completely outbox Joshua and Wilder and would be even money to beat his cousin Tyson, that's how much he has improved lately.

No, hughie couldn’t put a dent in AJ or Fury, he has the ability to out box Wilder but he has no power to keep him off.

I do think he out boxes Usyk and wins a convincing decision. He should be trying to make that fight it would be a good scalp.

Comment

I honestly think that Hughie Vs Joe Joyce would make for a good fight.

Comment

It's just a shame for him he will never have any real power, he does have a fantastic chin though

Comment

He has definitely improved & has a lot of experience. I think he should fight a few more C+ level guys somewhere in the top 20-30. Let’s see him vs Kuzmin, Molina, Takam or even Chisora.

Comment

Originally posted by thereeldeel View Post
              Even money to beat Tyson Fury?? My word!

He couldn’t outbox Pulev or Povetkin and ran from Parker for 12 rounds

Agree he has improved since then but come on, you think he’s joint best HW in the world??

Comment

Notice how his puss filled golf balls cleared up after he got caught and had to stop roiding?

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  He has definitely improved & has a lot of experience. I think he should fight a few more C+ level guys somewhere in the top 20-30. Let’s see him vs Kuzmin, Molina, Takam or even Chisora.
                  I wouldn't put all those boxers in the same rating. Chisora is B+, pushed Usyk hard, beat Whyte in the first fight in the eyes of most, robbed blind against Helenius, beat Takam, and generally gives a good fight to anyone.

Takam a couple of years ago would have been B+ as well, but he hasn't done much recently so I'd say B. Kuzmin he has some decent tools, but he's so one-paced, and Molina C-.

I'd have no interest in Hughie vs Molina, he'd win every second of the fight. Kuzmin would be better, but he's so one-paced and Hughie would deal with him easily.

I'd like the Takam fight, but I'd strongly pick Hughie at this stage. Chisora is a 50-50, if he could beat Chisora, especially if he can beat him better than Usyk did, that would be a really good win.

Comment

If this was the 80’s and I’m not hating

But he wouldn’t last a week as a good sparring partner. He just lacks so much it’s hard to appreciate him.

Comment

Working...
                    X