Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Travon Lawson Shocks Angel Barrientes, Stops Him in Fourth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Travon Lawson Shocks Angel Barrientes, Stops Him in Fourth

Travon Lawson didn't have any intention of playing the role of opponent. The Fox primetime debut of featherweight prospect Angel Barrientes ended in disaster, as Lawson scored a 4th round knockout in a considerable upset Saturday evening at Shrine Expo Hall in Los Angeles, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Love it!!!!! Just love it when the "opponent" comes in and whacks out the favorite!! Fixed that kid's wagon and broke the gravy train for the two Barrientes brothers. They both thought they could fight two 30 something guys and it backfired on one. I damn near get a woody when that happens!

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      Love it!!!!! Just love it when the "opponent" comes in and whacks out the favorite!! Fixed that kid's wagon and broke the gravy train for the two Barrientes brothers. They both thought they could fight two 30 something guys and it backfired on one. I damn near get a woody when that happens!
      Word for word.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Co-sign! ^^^^^^

Comment

I want to see more of Lawson - I feel good for that guy! He was brought in as scrap meat and he was the one doing the butchering! Bring him back on TV - he earned that right! I'll be pulling for him for every fight. He may be a 4-0 31 year old but he will fight his heart out and is really good actually. It would be great if he could fight every two months and have a decent career when all is said and done. He's clearly a fresh 31 year old.
            Last edited by richardt; 12-26-2020, 10:09 PM.

Comment

That last punch Lawson landed - from one angle it looked like it almost twisted the guy's head off! The ref saved him from another brutal punch that would have had the medics having to tend to him. He lives to fight another day.

Comment

Feel bad for the twins but they will be back..Lawson hopefully can make some fights and make good money

Comment

I have to be honest, every time I see an upset or close fight on PBC, I feel like their matchmaking went bad for them. I really don't dislike them any more than any other promotion but I always have more of an expectation that the favorites will win.

Comment

Boricua181

Trayvon Lawson earned his victory the old fashion way, he had to beat his favored opponent. I'd like to see him again, but not in an immediate rematch against Angle Barrientes. Lawson should get several new televised opportunities, and Barrientes should have to earn his rematch against Lawson.

Comment

Working...
                    X