Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Free Agent Canelo Calls The Shots, So What Are His Biggest Fight Options?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Free Agent Canelo Calls The Shots, So What Are His Biggest Fight Options?

By Dan Rafael - Canelo Alvarez, the pound-for-pound king and biggest star in boxing, has more options for significant fights than anyone. And he's in position to make any of them happen if he really wants it. Not only is Alvarez the biggest draw, which means his opponents can make more money by multiples fighting him than anyone else, but he can also slide up or do...
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't give a fk what is biggest options are I just want the BJS fight!

Comment

look for alvarez to line up another no hoper

Comment

I'm getting in before the haters. Line them up Canelo will knock them down he's hands down the man in boxing right now and always willing to fight the best. I look forward to watching him rule boxing for the next 3 or 4 years.

Comment

“Biggest fights” well one would be Murata in Japan. Canelo is becoming an icon in Japanese boxing. The No Boxing No Life Japan brand is booming too. I think Canelo vs Murata would be a huge thing like AJ in the UK. Canelo said and his trainer, the greats before fought in Japan.

I would like to see Canelo fight that time difference too with a whole crowd against him in foreign territory.

Then of course a fight in the UK! I guess BJS... but I wouldn’t call that a big fight since tickets will be billed for gypsie pricing and the place would smell like urine...

Hearn has the power to make Canelo fights huge for overseas cards. He just need to put on a complete card that drives attendance.

Last but not least, how about Canelo vs GGG in the UK!? Fook it! That would do massive sales.

Comment

Beterbiev is a step too far, too big and way too powerful. Spence is too small; if he went up 2 or more divisions it would be like Brook/Khan all over again, and Canelo isn't going to drop back even as far as super-welter again.
            Any of the others are far more likely.

Comment

ggg is still the biggest and best fight for him

Comment

It's apparent that Canelo's comfortable @ 168Lb & should really stay there & go for 100% undisputed unification. He's mentioned on several occasions that he'd like to fight in England, so "IF" Covid restriction are eased in the UK then a fight with B.J.Saunders in London next would be easy to make & earn good coinage + probably give him a 4th belt. Maybe Edgar Berlanga against Callum Smith or John Ryder would work well on the undercard.

Comment

style wise id love to see the benavidez/charlo fight

but if he can get through bjs and plant without any major controversy, he'd be entering in that pac/may area

Comment

Does he still have to "cross the street"?

Comment

Working...
                    X