Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Christy Martin Was Shocked at Draw Outcome For Tyson-Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Christy Martin Was Shocked at Draw Outcome For Tyson-Jones

Hall of Famer Christy Martin was scratching her head at the questionable eight round split draw verdict for last month's exhibition fight between legends Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. Tyson and Jones collided in the main event of a high profile pay-per-view event on November 28 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Someone tell her it was an exhibition ''fight''

Comment

I thought Tyson won.. Those bodyshots where brutal from mike.. Did u see roys body posture at the post fight interview.. He was holding his arms in a weird defense posture.. Almost like he had a broken rib or something.. I wouldn't doubt it.. But in all honesty roy js not a heavyweight.. Never has been.. Even when he beat ruiz..

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
        Someone tell her it was an exhibition ''fight''
        "Nail on the head" It was billed as an exhibition & thus was always going to be a draw. This Woman must be thick as Do Dah!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
          "Nail on the head" It was billed as an exhibition & thus was always going to be a draw. This Woman must be thick as Do Dah!!
          She’s was hired as a judge ,it exposes the corruption in boxing . If it’s going on here even in an exhibition it also exposes how fights are rigged ,it just proves it here . The fight was obviously predetermined,and seems like Martin was the only one out of the loop because she is basically saying it here without accusations. If she was informed about the outcome prior to the fight ,do you think she would have been a judge ? It would be pretty dumb .
          Last edited by REDEEMER; 12-24-2020, 05:43 AM.

Comment

It was always the likely conclusion

A draw or controversial result means a rematch

I'd like to think that sort of thing isn't too common in professional boxing but in an exhibition that's purely about the $$$ they want any excuse to do it twice

Comment

Originally posted by diarraisagod View Post
              It was always the likely conclusion

A draw or controversial result means a rematch

I'd like to think that sort of thing isn't too common in professional boxing but in an exhibition that's purely about the $$$ they want any excuse to do it twice
              There’s no way Tysons going to waste his time on a second fight at 54 . There’s no way to promote this fight a second time after everyone saw Tyson carry him no ones going to shell out money for another exhibition fight that will now will also make bettors shy away from a shady betting line where no one will trust the outcome .

Comment

Anyone who takes an exhibition ''fight'' seriously needs help

Comment

It was a charity fight. Charity events with judges get draws all the time. That's why bookies stopped taking bets on it.

Comment

Just shows you how emotionally invested people still are with Mike Tyson, who Martin clearly patterned her style after. I will give it to Martin, she was from an era where female boxers could knock you spark out unlike the feather fisted female fighters of today. Her, Rijker, Wolfe, Ali, Henin-Viet, the even the highly underrated and overlooked Sunya Anani who in my opinion should be looked at as one of the best female fighters ever could hit hard enough to keep Martin off her.
                    Having said all that, I’ve met Martin, she is a regular at the big fights. She always makes time for fans and her wife is also a lovely lady.

Comment

Working...
                    X