No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kazuto Ioka-Kosei Tanaka: 2020 Has One to Go

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kazuto Ioka-Kosei Tanaka: 2020 Has One to Go

By Cliff Rold - It's easy to feel like the boxing year is over in the United States. FS1 will have intriguing Cuban prospect David Morrell continuing his rapid ascent at super middleweight and the return of James Kirkland on Saturday night but nothing there feels like it really moves the immediate needle. Various sites and podcasts have already begun signing off on the...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Can't wait for this ****ing fight.

Comment

This is a guaranteed action packed fight. It’s tough mane it’s tough.

Ioka used to be the next Japanese golden boy until he ran into Ruenroeng. I dont really see that as a loss btw.

I always wanted to see Inoue-Ioka.

Comment

I like how there was somewhere around 4-5 Floyd threads this afternoon and nothing about this upcoming fight. I was going to make a post but just decided to put my head up my own ass and wait for someone else to do it.

Still can't pick a winner but feel like someone's eeking out a close decision in an action packed war.

Comment

I'm gonna watch this fight for sure

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Can't wait for this ****ing fight.
            Same, I like both (but I am a big of Kosei and will be rooting for him) and I expect this to be a banger

Super stoked for the fight

Comment

Two Japanese warriors! Can't wait for this banger! I want to see winner against Estrada-Chocolatito winner.

Comment

A great deal of pride and glory is at stake for two of Japan's elite champions this new years eve. Kazuto Ioka was already involved in the first Japanese unification vs. Akira Yaegashi in 2012 for the WBC-WBA mini-weight titles. As stated in the fantastic article, Ioka is also the first Japanese boxer to win four world-titles ( arguably ) in four weights. So making history is nothing new to current reigning WBO 'Superfly' champ.

But Kazuto Ioka is not the only proven champion in this contest, a win for Kosei Tanaka surpasses Ioka's climb from straw-weight. Kosei, will become the fastest boxer in modern history to win titles in four weights ; Oscar De La Hoya, did it in 24 bouts vs. the welterweight lineal champ, the late great 'Sweet-Pea' Pernell Whitaker.

Both Ioka and Tanaka co-featured last year on New-Years-Eve, but misfortune has come to Kazuto Ioka on this same date ; in 2018, he ( Kazuto Ioka ) was denied the honor of being crowned a four weight champion when he faced Donnie Nietes. Perhaps I'm being superstitious in my bias for Tanaka, considering that despite Ioka's minor setback, he would not be denied of his fourth crown.

I'm pumped for this epic clash, both Ioka & Tanaka have proven that you have to completely destroy them to keep them down, there will be no surrender here. I expect something like Ioka vs. Yaegashi, remember how bad Akira Yaegashi was busted up? Well that was eight years ago, Kosei is prime and will be coming with the heat!

WAR KOSEI!!

Comment

They possibly saved the best until last in 2020 with this one.

I expect it to be a war of attrition with the younger and fresher Tanaka coming out on top.

Comment

i hate this fight, cuz i dont want either to lose. gonna be technical.

still believe ioka has a good chance to beat all the top superfly guys, choco, estrada...
                    curious to see how tanaka does. i always thought he's a bit too short for this wgt.

Comment

Working...
                    X