No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martin Murray, Veteran Contender, Announces Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martin Murray, Veteran Contender, Announces Retirement

With nothing left to fight for, Martin Murray has opted to call it a career.

The five-time title challenger from St. Helen's England announced his retirement from boxing on Wednesday following more than 13-years in the pro ranks. The journey was spent as a longtime mid-level contender-and having arguably been twice denied the right to be declared a middleweight titlist-but comes after falling well short in a Dec. 4 points loss to unbeaten 168-pound title claimant Billy Joe Saunders.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good fighter, financially secure, always did himself proud. Unlucky to not be a 2 time world champ. Sail into the sunset.

Comment

Originally posted by adotd View Post
      Good fighter, financially secure, always did himself proud. Unlucky to not be a 2 time world champ. Sail into the sunset.
      Yeah I think he has a lot to be proud of and I wish him a happy retirement.

Comment

Long overdue but well earned at this point. He had some tough luck in his career but at the same time fought quite a lot of well-known fighters and hopefully made some decent money out of it.

Comment

Guy was unlucky and always came across like a really good dude. All the best in retirement

Comment

Wish him the best. He got some unlucky decisions against him and could’ve secured a major title at east once during his career. Hope Murray can live a happy life.

Comment

Well deserved.. Nothing for him to hang his head about... Time to rest a bit.. Enjoy the spoils of war.

Comment

Was robbed of a great win vs Sergio Martinez. Won at least 6 of the 12 rounds, plus 2 knockdowns, one comically ruled out despye video replays being allowed for this fight. Probably beat Sturm, I felt Abrahams edged him.

Comment

Massively overachiever for his ability so well played

Comment

Respect. I knew his trainer Oliver who passed away last year, great great man and I know those two were really close and it took its toll on Murray.

Comment

Working...
                    X