Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charles Conwell Breaks Down, Stops Madiyar Ashkeyev in Nine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Charles Conwell Breaks Down, Stops Madiyar Ashkeyev in Nine

Super welterweights Charles Conwell (13-0, 10 KO’s) and Madiyar Ashkeyev (14-0, 7 KO’s) made weight on Wednesday prior to their 10-Round headlining fight tomorrow night from Wild Card Boxing Club in Los Angeles. Both men hit the scales at an even 154 lbs. The fights will air live on NBCSN at 9 p.m. EST/6 p.m. PST in what will be Ring City’s third and final fight night of 2020.

For the co-feature bout, Women’s WBA Featherweight Champion Jelena Mrdjenovich (40-10-2, 19 KO’s) and her challenger Paola Torres (12-4-1, 4 KO’s) both weighed in below the Featherweight limit with Mrdjenovich coming in at 125.6 and Torres at 124.2. Their bout will open the broadcast. Junior Featherweights Eduardo Baez (17-1-2, 6 KO’s) and Narek Abgaryan (14-0, 6 KO’s) weighed in ahead of their eight-round special feature matchup at 119.8 and 120 lbs. respectively.

Headlining the RCUSA TWiTCH channel portion of the card will be undefeated Stephan Shaw (13-0, 10 KO’s) and once-beaten Lyubomyr Pinchuk (12-1-1, 7 KO’s) in an eight-round Heavyweight matchup. Shaw came in at a svelte 235 lbs., while Pinchuk weighed 223 lbs. The opening bout on TWiTCH will feature the professional debuts of Kelvin Davis and Michael Honesto, who meet in a four-round Junior Welterweight matchup. Davis and Honesto both came in at the division limit of 140 lbs. In additional action, undefeated Eric Priest (2-0, 2 KO’s) and Angel Mendez face off in a four-round Middleweight fight in what will be Juarez’s professional debut. Both Priest and Mendez weighed in at 160 lbs.

Former two-time welterweight champion Shawn Porter will call the action alongside NBC Sports blow-by-blow commentator Todd Harris. Brian Campbell will serve as fight night analyst with Curran Bhatia reporting from ringside. The full Ring City fight card will air live on NBC Sports Network on Thursday, Dec. 17 at 9pm EST/6pm PST. Ring City fights will stream live on the NBC Sports app, with highlights featured on NBC Sports’ YouTube Channel.

War Stephen Shaw! Fights live on Twitch!

Comment

1-0 Shaw. At a career low 235 lbs. Looks in great shape

Comment

1-1 in a close round 2, my stream is a bit blurry though. Shame it didn’t get a TV slot

Comment

Shaw teeing off late in the 3rd

Comment

2-1 or 3-0 Shaw.

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post
              2-1 or 3-0 Shaw.
              Thanks! Keep it up. I got him in a couple small bets to liven up my Thursday evening lol

I thought this fight would be televised though dang. My fault for not reading the article. I couldn't find the stream on Twitch though despite my best efforts
              Last edited by YoungManRumble; 12-17-2020, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
                Thanks! Keep it up. I got him in a couple small bets to liven up my Thursday evening lol

I thought this fight would be televised though dang. My fault for not reading the article. I couldn't find the stream on Twitch though despite my best efforts
                I thought the same, and pretty upset it wasn’t. It’s @ ringcityusa on twitch. I believe there will be one more fight on the stream. I may be behind a bit, but prior to the scorecards being read, I’ve got Shaw winning comfortably in a pretty good scrap.

Comment

Shaw boxed pretty well. I want to see more of him. Solid scrap overall.

Give Shaw some TV time. Sad that one of the USA’s only decent prospects working up the ranks is fighting on a steam with only 400 people watching.

Comment

War Jelena Mrdjenovich!

Comment

Working...
                    X