Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley Expects Canelo To Break Smith's Body, Win Solid Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bradley Expects Canelo To Break Smith's Body, Win Solid Decision

Former two division world champion Tim Bradley is confidently backing Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez to come away with a solid victory over undefeated WBA super middleweight champion Callum Smith. Smith and Canelo will battle on Saturday night, at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. The contest will also have the vacant WBC title at stake.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Looking at their frames/head to head - I just can't see a scenario where 1) Canelo doesn't bang Smith hard to the body and 2) Smith doesn't end up folding at some point.

I feel like Smith is about to get folded up

Comment

Canelo’s rib crusher left versus Callum’s deadly counter left hook, this battle hangs in whoever lands first. Can’t wait!
      Last edited by JonDP; 12-17-2020, 06:32 PM.

Comment

I expect body work to be a huge factor for Saul, think if he can hurt Callum early with a hook to the body, it will make smith reluctant to throw, he will wanna keep those elbows tucked.

He’s seen his brother Liam go down from it. Pretty sure he’s probably told Callum be aware of them. So early on I expect smith to try and box. Just think he’s not got much head movement or upper body movement. Tries to do everything by the book does smith. And that will work against him with Canelo.

Think smith looks drained days before weigh in though. But always looks this pale before fights.

Just hope smith doesn’t freeze, if he won, would be great as I love an underdog! But I’m a fan of Canelo and think it will also be on points.Be a bit more clear than most expect. Canelo always shocks people on fight night with his own size. People need to remember that!

Just hope that if it’s Canelo winning, we don’t get weight excuses from smith. He’s took this fight. Beforehand his size is an advantage, so don’t wanna hear him saying he was weight drained and moving up.

Fighters hardly Ever give the other guy full credit when losing. Would help them gain more fans if they did!!

Comment

Smith shouldn't win 1 round. Canelo has more skill and experience. I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo stopped him in 6,

Comment

How do you stop someone from attacking your body? Keep them at the end of a stiff jab & counter hook upstairs every time they attempt to go downstairs.

Canelo as great as he is defensively couldn’t seem to avoid a jab against GGG. If Smith & his team haven’t realized that or haven’t worked on perfecting his jab he’s gonna get ate up to the body. He’s gotta throw that jab hard and sit down on his counters, and maybe ring Canelos bell a few times

Kov tried it but he wasn’t his usual ramrod jab he was mostly using throwaways and pity pat jabs. He also wasn’t sitting down on any hard straight rights to deter Canelo. His plan was to tap tap, keep Canelo outta range. Nelo eventually started taking the risk and ate a few to get to him and caused Kov to let his guard down over the course of the fight in anticipation for a body attack & then we all know what happened.

All that said I’m predicting a UD12 for Canelo but hoping Smith rises to the occasion and pushes Canelo for a nail biter like against GGG, I just don’t think Smiths the guy for the job. I don’t think we’ll see Canelo in that kinda fight again unless it’s against Beterbeiv

Comment

Canelo in round 5. Too much body for him to destroy.

Comment

I think this fight will unfold similarly to how Canelo's fight with Kovalev did.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Bundini Br View Post
                  Smith shouldn't win 1 round. Canelo has more skill and experience. I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo stopped him in 6,
                  How many rounds has Canelo ever won clean/obviously in big fights though? He isn't active enough, but is highly skilled. Doubt he will be as active as Ryder was but will probably be more clinical.

Comment

Originally posted by South Champion View Post
                    I think this fight will unfold similarly to how Canelo's fight with Kovalev did.
                    Yeah I feel similarly. But Smith being younger, fresher and having taken less punishment, I can still see him reaching the final bell with perhaps a survival round or two. Or some scary moments for Callum at least.

Comment

Working...
                    X