Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime's Chris Colbert-Jaime Arboleda Main Event Averaged 195,000 Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Showtime's Chris Colbert-Jaime Arboleda Main Event Averaged 195,000 Viewers

Those that tuned in to watch Chris Colbert fight Saturday night were treated to much more entertainment than his previous televised appearance provided. According to numbers Nielsen Media Research released Tuesday, an average of 195,000 viewers watched Colbert beat Jaime Arboleda by 11th-round technical knockout in Showtime's main event. Brooklyn's Colbert (15-0, 6 KOs) dropped Panama's Arboleda (16-2, 13 KOs) once late in the ninth round and three times in the 11th round at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think 2021 is Showtime's last year of the PBC deal. Feels like Showtime has one foot out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      I think 2021 is Showtime's last year of the PBC deal. Feels like Showtime has one foot out the door.
      They don't seem to be getting the quality level PBC fights. I'm curious if Showtime intends to stay in the boxing business.

Comment

I can't remember the last time I cared to watch boxing on Showtime. This year has been hot garbage. 2019 as well.

Comment

Showtime has been dying with the PBC tie up hopefully when it ends Espinoza can save boxing on the channel and his career

Comment

Espinoza will come crawling to canelo

Comment

Showtime is good for Boxing.
              Hopefully after their PBC deal Espinoza can build Showtime Championship Boxing back up.

Comment

Put this fights on FOX stop hurting those fights with premium cable

Comment

This was a pretty good fight

But at 130 and all the shots Chris takes and not having a big enough punch will not get him to the top unless someone moves out. I just can’t see him beating Gervonta or Lomo if he goes back down but Herring he has a shot and Berchelt due to styles.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
                    Showtime is good for Boxing.
                    Hopefully after their PBC deal Espinoza can build Showtime Championship Boxing back up.
                    I have Showtime because of the boxing. If the deal with PBC ends, which promotions would they go to for fight content? Top Rank is tied to ESPN, DAZN has Golden Boy and Matchroom.

They could go after Canelo although I think he plans to be a complete free agent and doubtful he will sign an exclusive contract.

Comment

Working...
                    X