Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: ESPN's Shakur Stevenson-Toka Kahn Clary Tripleheader Averaged 1,550,000 Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: ESPN's Shakur Stevenson-Toka Kahn Clary Tripleheader Averaged 1,550,000 Viewers

More viewers watched Shakur Stevenson's second fight at the junior lightweight limit than his debut at 130 pounds. Nielsen Media Research revealed Tuesday that ESPN's telecast of Stevenson's easy, 10-round, unanimous-decision victory over Toka Kahn Clary was watched by an average of 1,281,000 viewers. ESPN's entire three-bout broadcast, which lasted two hours and 24 minutes, averaged 1,550,000 viewers.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Impressive, it was a really good triple header, main event being least entertaining but still watchable, Stevenson was impressive but should have finished this guy. I truly feel he lacks that killer instinct.

Comment

ESPN really been dominating lately. Berlanga picked up a legion of new fans with that number

Comment

I like Shakur, but honestly it's not even all that bad that the amount of viewers dropped for his fight compared to the Berlanga fight. The Berlanga fight averaged the most viewers and he is the one with big star potential if he ends up being the real deal. VERY smart of TR to put him as the opening bout to take advantage of the built in crowd.

And a good amount of viewers saw a hell of a fight between Verdejo and Nakatani.

Good night of boxing.

Comment

GREAT Ratings! Yes it did benefit from a great LSU vs Florida that was on Before that did huge Ratings I'm sure and Ran Late but I think that is what Boxing Needs more of, it needs to be put next to far more Popular Sports here in America because the sport on its own is just not that Popular as a whole
          Last edited by sicko; 12-15-2020, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Very good ratings considering the opponent. And that was an excellent card that was better than the recent pbc PPV undercard

Comment

Lol

Berlanga brought in the views most left when Shakir started stinking the joint again.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                ESPN really been dominating lately. Berlanga picked up a legion of new fans with that number
                Forreal if Berlanga keeps knocking people out his fanbase will become huge, he will deff become the money fight . Hopefully this makes it easier for Top Rank to find the money to get better opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  I like Shakur, but honestly it's not even all that bad that the amount of viewers dropped for his fight compared to the Berlanga fight. The Berlanga fight averaged the most viewers and he is the one with big star potential if he ends up being the real deal. VERY smart of TR to put him as the opening bout to take advantage of the built in crowd.

And a good amount of viewers saw a hell of a fight between Verdejo and Nakatani.

Good night of boxing.
                  Yeah I'm happy a lot of people saw the Verdejo Nakatani fight hopefully that fight helped make some more loyal fans to boxing . That and Berlanga's run . Shakur is more someone us hardcore fans can enjoy lol

Comment

Really good numbers. Boxing is doing well

Comment

Working...
                    X