Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Felt Joshua-Pulev Should Have Been Stopped in Third

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Felt Joshua-Pulev Should Have Been Stopped in Third

Eddie Hearn, promoter for IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, believes his boxer's most recent defense should have been stopped much sooner than it was.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Edward isn’t wrong here....

Comment

Would Eddie say that if it was Whyte that was knocked down in the 3rd round?

Comment

I felt Joshua-Pulev should never have happened.

Comment

He's right, Pulev literally turned 180 degrees in the corner, the ref give him a chance doe

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
            He's right, Pulev literally turned 180 degrees in the corner, the ref give him a chance doe
            Yeah he did it twice too. I was thinking at the very least it should’ve been a point deduction and severe warning, but then that may have given Pulev time to recuperate from the jag

Comment

Fighter hurt, stops defending themself and turns away.

It's a stoppage. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by CmdrSoCal View Post
                I felt Joshua-Pulev should never have happened.
                Pulev sat on that mandatory position for 4 years. The step aside money with no demand that he maintain his position, allowed AJ to fight a decrepid version of Pulev, not that Pulev was ever that good.

Comment

Everybody felt it should’ve been stopped. Infact When he did the count I’m sure most people thought he had stopped it!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    Edward isn’t wrong here....
                    no, AJ could not finish him , pulev got through the round and remained mentally, emotionally and physically in the fight ( although in my mind never going to win ) . Fight being allowed to continue also allowed AJ to mature more as a fighter and show what he has learnt and improved on . Hearn should be happy AJ has his confidence back among many other improving factors that he will need in order to be competitive with fury but above all this is a world title fight and pulev in his eyes and everybody else was still in the fight . It being allowed to continue was good for the fans , promoter and tv company . Pulevs mental and physical health was very good and well prepared for a hard nights work

Comment

Working...
                    X