No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lawrence Okolie: I Want To Keep The Knockout Run Going

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lawrence Okolie: I Want To Keep The Knockout Run Going

SSE Arena, Wembley, London - Lawrence Okolie swiftly demolished Nikodem Jezewski to stay on course for a WBO Cruiserweight World Title fight next year. The unbeaten 27-year-old was denied a fight for the vacant WBO belt after Krzysztof Glowacki tested positive for COVID-19 last week, but Okolie made short work of his Polish replacement opponent.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I have to agree with him.
    The sooner his fights are over, the better for all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Slipthepunch View Post
      I have to agree with him.
      The sooner his fights are over, the better for all of us.
      For what its was worth (which wasn't much) I don't think you could have asked for more it was great against a low rank 55th level opponent and given his opponent dropped with COVID fine just compare it with that Oritiz headline fight recently when he fought the 176th guy in the world and dropped him with a fake punch.

Okolie fights are normally horrible to watch but this one for the minutes it lasted wasn't. He did what he had to well. I'd be more willing to watch another one, wouldn't look forward to it but would give it a watch.

Comment

Comment

Then fight Dorticos

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
            For what its was worth (which wasn't much) I don't think you could have asked for more it was great against a low rank 55th level opponent and given his opponent dropped with COVID fine just compare it with that Oritiz headline fight recently when he fought the 176th guy in the world and dropped him with a fake punch.

Okolie fights are normally horrible to watch but this one for the minutes it lasted wasn't. He did what he had to well. I'd be more willing to watch another one, wouldn't look forward to it but would give it a watch.
            I agree, his fights are usually terrible. Worse than Klitschko for the punch, grab and hold. I'm gonna be optimistic and say that Adam Booth has got him out of that habit. We'll see when he fights Glowacki though. If he can put on the same performance against better opposition then I think he'll be a legit force at cruiserweight.

Comment

Well, okolie fought well today and I will like to watch him again.

Comment

This fight wasn’t too bad. Maybe because jezewski didn’t want to fight on the inside did he. But as much as I roast Okolie, I do think that him going to Shane McGuigan was a smart choice.

He has got power, no doubting that. Jezewski reaction was mental, mad how he stayed up at one point! The lad just had no real answers for Lawrence.

I think If the Glowacki fights next, then hopefully Okolie doesn’t Hug his way to a decision. Hoping Shane has got him working on an inside game, or learn him how to really use his height advantage. This bending of the knees he does, is okay for certain Opposition. But when you at the big boy table, you just taking YOURE Own advantages away by bending your knees. “Fighting short” is what it’s called.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

This shit was so weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    This shit was so weird.

Nikodem Jezewski did this Russian folk dance.

Comment

Working...
                    X