Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hughie Fury: This is Just The Start, A lot More To Come From Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hughie Fury: This is Just The Start, A lot More To Come From Me!

SSE Arena, Wembley, London - Hughie Fury overcome a gaping cut as he defeated Mariusz Wach on points to keep alive his hopes of another world heavyweight title fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJS9mEyIORA

Comment

Completely deluded........

Comment

Eh, fair play to him, he did outbox Wach pretty soundly (f. in. the Whyte - Wach fight was way closer). I still highly doubt the Hughie Fury takeover is happening, though.

Maybe they could have him fight Whyte after he has his Povetkin rematch (which I'm not saying Whyte's going to win ).

Comment

Hughie has a chance if everyone world level retires. He doesn’t get enough credit for how good he is but he’s like the boxer equivalent of Chisora so will probably be falling short in title attempts for the next 10 years. Better chin than Tyson!

Comment

In my opinion that is a solid win against a durable opponent. His best win so far. Wach is C+ at this stage. He has 2 C+ Wins under his belt now. I rank Hughie as a fringe contender at B level. Somewhere in the top 15-30. Wins over Rudenko & Wach show that he is too good for C level opposition but not good enough against the top 15 as he is 0-3 against Parker, Pulev & Povetkin. He is only 26 & has been matched pretty tough from the start. Peter Fury always said that they were not afraid to lose. He has learned more from those 3 losses than he ever could from beating journeymen fighters. He is a lot like Chisora. I’d like to see Hughie & Chisora fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
              Hughie has a chance if everyone world level retires. He doesn’t get enough credit for how good he is but he’s like the boxer equivalent of Chisora so will probably be falling short in title attempts for the next 10 years. Better chin than Tyson!
              I'm with you. Hughie isn't bad, he gets alot of criticism for his boring passive style and his self confident statements. He has a helluva chin and he's a decent boxer. His problem is he doesn't have enough power, and he's not so slick that his boxing can compensate for that deficiency.

He's also willing to face anyone. He's fought Parker, Pulev and Povetkin and it's at that level where he comes up short.

Comment

I just don’t see it with this guy right now but he is still young, only 26 years old. But he lost 3 key fights that would have really put him on the map in this division, Povetkin, Pulev, & Parker. And none of his wins jump off the paper like wow, that was an impressive career defining win.

Comment

Guy is 26. Give him time. He has skills, heart and a solid chin. Maybe his punch power increases with time too. We will know what he brings by the time he's thirty or thirty one

Comment

Hughie can't go around bleeding like that. He bleeds like he's putting deposits in at the blood bank. It looks bad enough to cost him points and wiping breaks his rhythm.

Comment

Working...
                    X