Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Joe Joyce, Lyndon Arthur Turbo-Charged Their Prospects For 2021

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Joe Joyce, Lyndon Arthur Turbo-Charged Their Prospects For 2021

JOE JOYCE AND Lyndon Arthur succeeded in turbo-charging their prospects for 2021 and it is my intention for opportunity to knock loudly for a good few more in the year to come. Forget the form guide, the highlight reels and the hype. The only way to truly discover who is ready to make the next big move is to put the front runners in together and let the best of the crop fight the best.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This article needs more First Person perspective!

Comment

Ol’ Fish Eyes doesn’t hide the fact that Dubois was his poster boy for being his next big star. Joyce ended that for the time being & Frank will now ride the Joyce wave as far as he can. It is looking like the WBO belt will be vacant unless Wilder gets his 3rd fight with Fury. Warren will then have Joyce fight Usyk for the vacant belt. If Joyce beat Usyk Warren would then have 2 of the 4 HW titles & be in great position to unify a couple belts by the end of 2021. If Fury & Joshua meet for 3 belts in 2021 the winner could then unify the division for the first time since Lennox Lewis did it 20 years ago.

Comment

If Warren had built Dubois with a few more 60/40, or even 70/30, fights he might have been better prepared for Joyce.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          Ol’ Fish Eyes doesn’t hide the fact that Dubois was his poster boy for being his next big star. Joyce ended that for the time being & Frank will now ride the Joyce wave as far as he can. It is looking like the WBO belt will be vacant unless Wilder gets his 3rd fight with Fury. Warren will then have Joyce fight Usyk for the vacant belt. If Joyce beat Usyk Warren would then have 2 of the 4 HW titles & be in great position to unify a couple belts by the end of 2021. If Fury & Joshua meet for 3 belts in 2021 the winner could then unify the division for the first time since Lennox Lewis did it 20 years ago.
          But why?

Joyce was always superior to Dubois. Like way, WAY superior. He has the resume, the experience and the comfort under pressure that a concerted Joyce push could easily give Frank another title holder in his stable. He's a true boxer, tough, has stamina and a hard punch too. Why is Joyce such a hard sell??? I dont get how people will complain about him being slow one second and then go on about how great post comeback George Foreman was in the next.

Comment

Originally posted by KingGilgamesh View Post
            But why?

Joyce was always superior to Dubois. Like way, WAY superior. He has the resume, the experience and the comfort under pressure that a concerted Joyce push could easily give Frank another title holder in his stable. He's a true boxer, tough, has stamina and a hard punch too. Why is Joyce such a hard sell??? I dont get how people will complain about him being slow one second and then go on about how great post comeback George Foreman was in the next.
            I thought it was 50/50 going in the fight. I had a few questions about Dubois entering the fight & they were answered. Just hope the eye doesn’t become a problem. Joyce is now his number 2 HW & in position to fight for the WBO title if Fury/Joshua happens becore Fury/Wilder 3. If Wilder wins his court battle & Joshua win today then Usyk would be next for AJ. Joyce would then be frozen out & could have to face Parker in a WBO final eliminator. Are any of those potential matchups bad? The only thing that would make things really murky is if Pulev pulls off the upset today. That would completely change the landscape for a few years. We may never get unification.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              I thought it was 50/50 going in the fight. I had a few questions about Dubois entering the fight & they were answered. Just hope the eye doesn’t become a problem. Joyce is now his number 2 HW & in position to fight for the WBO title if Fury/Joshua happens becore Fury/Wilder 3. If Wilder wins his court battle & Joshua win today then Usyk would be next for AJ. Joyce would then be frozen out & could have to face Parker in a WBO final eliminator. Are any of those potential matchups bad? The only thing that would make things really murky is if Pulev pulls off the upset today. That would completely change the landscape for a few years. We may never get unification.
              Those in the know had it at 50/50, the odds had it as Dubois being -300...come fight night and Joyce doesn't even break a sweat. TBH I also don't think unification is ever coming...the chances for it came in 2018/19 and Wilder/Joshua blew it. Just too many cooks now and too many ranked contenders among all the rankings for it to be an easy matchup. Joshua and Fury would have to put a strong case and then Usyk would have to step aside...which he has indicated that he wont.

Comment

lets not forget this piece of **** did his best to try and rob joe though... and was pushing for a rematch straight after on tv as if joe wasnt even in his stable

Comment

Working...
                X