No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamal Yafai Talks Luca Rigoldi Clash, Training, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gamal Yafai Talks Luca Rigoldi Clash, Training, More

On December 17 at historic Allianz Cloud in Milan (Italy) European super bantamweight champion Luca Rigoldi (Italy, 22-1-2 with 8 KOs) will defend the EBU title against official challenger Gamal Yafai (U.K. 17-1 with 10 KOs) in the co-main event of the show promoted behind closed doors by Opi Since 82, Matchroom Boxing Italy. DAZN will stream it live.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Anyone of you UK fellas know much about this guy or the fight? Can he go in Rigoldi's backyard and win?

Looking to throw him in a little favorites parlay but not in the mood to watch his fights right now. On paper he certainly looks better though less active.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
      Anyone of you UK fellas know much about this guy or the fight? Can he go in Rigoldi's backyard and win?

Looking to throw him in a little favorites parlay but not in the mood to watch his fights right now. On paper he certainly looks better though less active.
      I would guess Gamal Yafai should beat Rigoldi. Rigoldi is coming off a draw against a 4-12 journeyman but that's more a less a guess in my part.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        I would guess Gamal Yafai should beat Rigoldi. Rigoldi is coming off a draw against a 4-12 journeyman but that's more a less a guess in my part.
        Yeah I was gonna mention that specifically but it would have just further reinforced me as a lazy boxrec warrior not willing to put in a little work.

Sometimes it does the job though. I got rocked today on a modest wager involving -350 favorite Jose Edgardo Garcia to win vs Jose Perez. Both their resumes looked bad but should have went with my gut and bet on the young prospect with a loss rather than the undefeated old guy with a padded Tijuana record. He was also coming off a draw lol.. But then so was Perez apart from his latest win, a KO vs 0-26 opponent which shouldn't even count.

I even watched what little footage I could find of the two guys last night and was either blind and dumb or just unlucky.

The fight was entertaining while it lasted with both men hurting each other but Perez was clearly fresher with more power.

It was a bad bet in hindsight but I wanted something to tie together with Stanionis KO -250.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
          Yeah I was gonna mention that specifically but it would have just further reinforced me as a lazy boxrec warrior not willing to put in a little work.

Sometimes it does the job though. I got rocked today on a modest wager involving -350 favorite Jose Edgardo Garcia to win vs Jose Perez. Both their resumes looked bad but should have went with my gut and bet on the young prospect with a loss rather than the undefeated old guy with a padded Tijuana record. He was also coming off a draw lol.. But then so was Perez apart from his latest win, a KO vs 0-26 opponent which shouldn't even count.

I even watched what little footage I could find of the two guys last night and was either blind and dumb or just unlucky.

The fight was entertaining while it lasted with both men hurting each other but Perez was clearly fresher with more power.

It was a bad bet in hindsight but I wanted something to tie together with Stanionis KO -250.
          Sometimes when it comes to more obscure fighters all you can really do is be a boxrec warrior. That's a gamble in itself though since judges seem to miss the mark so frequently. Maybe the Italian really beat that journeyman's ass, who knows?

Comment

Working...
          X