Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sam Eggington Breaks Down, Stops Ashley Theophane in Sixth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sam Eggington Breaks Down, Stops Ashley Theophane in Sixth

Sam Eggington showed he still has plenty to offer as he handed out a relentless beating to Ashley Theophane who was stopped as he rose from a sixth-round knockdown in a scheduled super-welterweight ten-rounder on Mick Hennessy's show at Redditch in Worcestershire.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This was a waste of time Theopane was way too small

Comment

One of Broner's best wins...

Comment

Egg was catching shots on his elbows but firing back immediately.

I think that's new for him. He looked pretty good.

Theophane defo looked undersized and basically got battered from pillar to post other than the odd right hand here and there. Most be a rough place to be when all the miles on the clock show at once.

Comment

I think Ashley's only hope was that Sam came out swinging for the head, then he could outbox him & hit him with a counter. Instead Sam was very disciplined & went to the body. If Sam adopted the right fight plan he was just always going to be too young, too big, too strong for Ashley.

Comment

Theophane should retire

He’s 40 and wasn’t exactly that good at his best. Tonight he was a punch bag for a domestic level fighter.

Comment

I was under-impressed by the McKennas & if they keep grunting, open-mouthed, when they throw punches they are going to end up with broken jaws!

I thought Stephen was reprehensible. he couldn't jab & just ran in squared-up. He'll be beaten by the first adequate boxer he meets.

Aaron was slightly better but I'd be surprised if he ever reaches European level.

Comment

Respect to Ashley Theophane. Went out like a warrior, on his shield

Comment

Solid performance by Eggington. He stayed composed and patient. He managed to break Theopane down by keeping a consistent body attack.

Comment

Didn't know there would be that much of a size difference. Damn

Comment

Working...
                    X