Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rodriguez-Gaballo To Headline Showtime's 12/19 Card; Gary Antonio Russell-Payano Added

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rodriguez-Gaballo To Headline Showtime's 12/19 Card; Gary Antonio Russell-Payano Added

Emmanuel Rodriguez will face a Filipino fighter December 19 after all. Premier Boxing Champions and Showtime announced Friday that Puerto Rico's Rodriguez and the Philippines' Reymart Gaballo will square off in the main event of the network's tripleheader a week from Saturday night. The WBC has agreed to sanction the 12-round, 118-pound battle between Rodriguez (19-1, 12 KOs) and Gaballo (23-0, 20 KOs) as a fight for its interim bantamweight world championship at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut.
    [Click Here To Read More]

For a minute I thought Mr. Cap Gary Russell jr. was fighting a decent world-level opponent in Juan Carlos-Payano , never mind. I'm glad the card was saved, respect to the kid Caballo for stepping up, its a big leap.

Comment

Where is the other Russell brother that looks to be a good prospect? His career has been outshined by damn near everyone in that olympic/amateur class. PBC has not done a good job of getting him on TV nearly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        For a minute I thought Mr. Cap Gary Russell jr. was fighting a decent world-level opponent in Juan Carlos-Payano , never mind. I'm glad the card was saved, respect to the kid Caballo for stepping up, its a big leap.
        Gaballo losing this one. Too green and no experience in the world championships. No to mention he's ranked below #30 at boxrec. Same with inexperienced Russell.

Winners for this card:
        Rodriguez
        Payano
        Ennis

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
          Gaballo losing this one. Too green and no experience in the world championships. No to mention he's ranked below #30+ at boxrec. Same with inexperienced Russell.

Winners for this card:
          Rodriguez
          Payano
          Ennis
          Whoa! I dont know about Juan Carlos Payano beating little Russell jr, its a close fight imo.

Reymart Gaballo is going to need to rely on his power, maybe the kid catches Manny Rodriguez with one of those wide-looping shots; or hes got to outwork Rodriquez to overcome the technically superior former IBF Bantamweight world-champion.

On a side note : Manny Rod patience may have paid-off, this 12 rounder vs. the inexperience kid is sanctioned for the WBC 'interim' title! So that means the winner is going to face the real WBC bantamweight champ, Nordine Oubaali -- and where does that leave Nonito tho?

Comment

Not really interested in this card anymore. I’ll just watch the Verdejo vs Nakatani fight on the big screen.

Comment

Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post
              Not really interested in this card anymore. I’ll just watch the Verdejo vs Nakatani fight on the big screen.
              This card is NEXT Saturday...

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                This card is NEXT Saturday...
                Oh right. I was getting it confused with the Chris Colbert card.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  Whoa! I dont know about Juan Carlos Payano beating little Russell jr, its a close fight imo.

Reymart Gaballo is going to need to rely on his power, maybe the kid catches Manny Rodriguez with one of those wide-looping shots; or hes got to outwork Rodriquez to overcome the technically superior former IBF Bantamweight world-champion.

On a side note : Manny Rod patience may have paid-off, this 12 rounder vs. the inexperience kid is sanctioned for the WBC 'interim' title! So that means the winner is going to face the real WBC bantamweight champ, Nordine Oubaali -- and where does that leave Nonito tho?
                  Nonito should move to 115. He said it himself he wants a 5th division title. No point in fighting Oubaali or rematching Inoue. Gaballi too slow and telegraphs his punches. Payano whoops Russell. Latter inexperienced and not ready with one week notice.
                  Last edited by RuleOfTheSpear; 12-11-2020, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
                    Nonito should move to 115. He said it himself he wants a 5th division title. No point in fighting Oubaali or rematching Inoue

Mauricio Sulaiman gave Nonito the shot at the WBC bantamweight title on the strength of his 2019 FOTY performance against the 'Monster' Naoya Inoue. I dont think anyone at 115 will be looking to take on the 'Flash', and it would seem the Superfly-weights have big plans for 2021.

It would be wise to wait on the winner of John Riel Casimero vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux -- or the loser, I like to see Rigo-Donaire II.

Comment

Working...
                    X