Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ronald Ellis 5 Pounds Overweight For Showtime Opener Against Matt Korobov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ronald Ellis 5 Pounds Overweight For Showtime Opener Against Matt Korobov

Ronald Ellis didn't even come close to making weight Friday morning for his televised fight against Matt Korobov on Saturday night. Ellis weighed 166 pounds when he stepped on the Mohegan Tribe Department of Regulation's scale. The contracted maximum for their 10-rounder is 161 pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

that's pretty ****ing overweight.

Comment

Korobov one of those guys who seems to be the recipient of bad fortunes and breaks.

He was outclassing Andy Lee before getting absolutely smashed by one desperate shot from the Irishman.
      Lost a close decision to Charlo. Suffered a disputed draw to Aleem (I was in attendance and thought Korobov won clearly) and was outboxing Eubank when he suffered his injury. Even tho it was early in the fight, Korobov was really lighting him up with nice punches.

Now he will face an opponent who never bothered to make weight. Not making any excuses for Mattvey but he's been snakebitten on many occasions.

Comment

Wow. Totally unprofessional.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
          Korobov one of those guys who seems to be the recipient of bad fortunes and breaks.

He was outclassing Andy Lee before getting absolutely smashed by one desperate shot from the Irishman.
          Lost a close decision to Charlo. Suffered a disputed draw to Aleem (I was in attendance and thought Korobov won clearly) and was outboxing Eubank when he suffered his injury. Even tho it was early in the fight, Korobov was really lighting him up with nice punches.

Now he will face an opponent who never bothered to make weight. Not making any excuses for Mattvey but he's been snakebitten on many occasions.
          1000%.

Five pounds overweight is f'n terrible and so unprofessional.

Comment

seems like the end of the line for Korobov, 40 and coming off a bad injury. Is Ellis any good though?

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Wow thanks for that background. I did not know that about him. I never seem any of his fights but heard his name on and off. Will be looking forwards to this fight.

Come Ellis - WTH is wrong with you bro

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                seems like the end of the line for Korobov, 40 and coming off a bad injury. Is Ellis any good though?
                He’s okay, nothing special. I think if Korobov has anything left, he should pull out a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMTHAT View Post
                  Wow thanks for that background. I did not know that about him. I never seem any of his fights but heard his name on and off. Will be looking forwards to this fight.

Come Ellis - WTH is wrong with you bro
                  Thanks! Matt is a very skilled boxer. His age and mileage are catching up to him as he seems to gas at the end of fights and that injury of course. Before the Lee fight, be beat the breaks off of Jose Uzcategui...wanna say he dropped him multiple times.

Depending on how much he has left, I could see him giving Ellis some problems. The other X-factor is how motivated is Ellis is, he's a skilled and athletic guy but he struggled with the basic tough guy Deandre Ware and he's coming in heavy.

Comment

Lil buddy didn't even try to make weight. He had to know that with this Covid **** going on that they had know choice but to go on with this fight. I hope Matt wins but wouldn't be surprised if age and weight results in Matt getting battered into retirement.

Comment

Working...
                    X