Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dmitry Bivol: I Don't Want To Fight For The Sake of Fighting - I Want a 'Good Fight'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dmitry Bivol: I Don't Want To Fight For The Sake of Fighting - I Want a 'Good Fight'

WBA light heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol is not simply looking to fight just anyone. Some fighters want to stay busy, but Bivol is only looking to return against a solid opponent. Bivol, with an undefeated record of 17 wins (11 by knockout), has been out of the ring since October of 2019, when he made a voluntary defense by defeating Lenin Castillo from the Dominican Republic.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So do we so get on with it!

Comment

Why'd DAZN pick this guy up if they're not going to do anything with him?

Comment

Joe Smith Jr. has become more relevant since his loss to Bivol than Bivol has. Smh DAZN can open up their wallet for this guy...

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          Why'd DAZN pick this guy up if they're not going to do anything with him?
          Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          Joe Smith Jr. has become more relevant since his loss to Bivol than Bivol has. Smh DAZN can open up their wallet for this guy...
          You’re so blind. Lol.

It’s obvious Bivol is the hold up. Aren’t you understanding the headline? He doesn’t want filler fights on DAZN. He’s expressing that he’s been offered fights but doesn’t want them. Hearn and DAZN can easily cover the costs for any of his fights.

So whatever fights you want from him, ask yourself, how come we don’t get enough headlines for it? It’s not like Matchroom and Top Rank can’t work together. Where are the numerous threads of Bivol wanting Beterbiev unification at all costs and vise versa from Beterbiev?

Instead Bivol is chasing Canelo and wanting Champs at 168. He’s made more headlines for wanting a lower division than making noise in wanting Beterbiev. Does that make any sense? That is straight ducking if u ask me. Some Russian skurrredness

Comment

Well here we are again, boxing unable to make the best fight the best in a timely fashion. Throw Benavidez in there too. He has no business beating up super middleweights. That’s a fight I’d like to see.

Comment

Talented fighter. He's been massively let down by Hearn

Comment

Originally posted by tophat1 View Post
                Bivol is an intelligent guy. His interviews compared to most Russian boxers suggests that he isn’t wasting time in this business and is openly trying to cash out. That’s why he’s been calling Canelo. Who knows what Bivol’ personal problems might be. Maybe he wants to make a good pay and retire.

The best fight to make imo, if Bivol wants to make noise, is do the Fonfara route and KO JCC Jr. This would get attention for Bivol from some Mexican fans whom folllow Chavez for giggles. The problem is would Chavez Sr. allow that fight. Probably not, but it’s worth a try for Bivol to ask. Bivol probably weighs about the same as Berlanga in the ring, and Chavez called out Berlanga recently... so

Comment

Originally posted by tophat1 View Post
                  Massively. He fought Lenin Castillo after beating Joe Smith. Joe Smith on the other hand fought Hart, Alvarez and will be fighting Vlasov for the vacant WBO. If he beats him he will unify with Beterbiev.

What the hell kinda **** is that?

Comment

Originally posted by To Be Frank Doe View Post
                    Bivol is an intelligent guy. His interviews compared to most Russian boxers suggests that he isn’t wasting time in this business and is openly trying to cash out. That’s why he’s been calling Canelo. Who knows what Bivol’ personal problems might be. Maybe he wants to make a good pay and retire.

The best fight to make imo, if Bivol wants to make noise, is do the Fonfara route and KO JCC Jr. This would get attention for Bivol from some Mexican fans whom folllow Chavez for giggles. The problem is would Chavez Sr. allow that fight. Probably not, but it’s worth a try for Bivol to ask. Bivol probably weighs about the same as Berlanga in the ring, and Chavez called out Berlanga recently... so
                    I know where your coming from but he would have to aim for another recognisable name. Chavez stick has taken a big hit after the Jacobs fight. It would have to be a ranked guy because he's a belt holder

I think he should drop to 168 and go for Saunders

Comment

Working...
                    X