Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson: Heart Was Loma's Problem In Lopez Fight; Would Be Really Bad Mistake To Fight Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson: Heart Was Loma's Problem In Lopez Fight; Would Be Really Bad Mistake To Fight Me

By Keith Idec - Vasiliy Lomachenko fought scared. That is Shakur Stevenson's blunt evaluation of Lomachenko's performance in the first half of his 12-round, unanimous-decision loss to Teofimo Lopez on October 17 in Las Vegas. Stevenson questioned Lomachenko's heart in an interview with BoxingScene.com and warned the three-division champion that...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Now, this will be a good fight.

As Loma fans say, Loma can make featherweight easily, with a pound or two to spare. Shakur should ask the fight at that weight, 126. I guarantee Loma won't make 130 healthy enough. Let's have it!

Arum has other ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      Now, this will be a good fight.

As Loma fans say, Loma can make featherweight easily, with a pound or two to spare. Shakur should ask the fight at that weight, 126. I guarantee Loma won't make 130 healthy enough. Let's have it!

Arum has other ideas.
      Not even Shakur makes 126.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
        Not even Shakur makes 126.
        Well, I was just testing that idea of Loma fighting at featherweight. I know he can't make it at all but Shakur still can. He's the one who most recently made it. I think he can still squeeze into 126 better than Loma. Loma hasn't fought there most of his pro career.

On another note: I saw Shakur standing next to Davis and a couple of other lightweights, he looks tall and huge. Don't know how he squeezed into 126 all these years.

I love this fight, but Loma won't take it. Loss number 3.

Comment

I like Shakur but some of the stuff he's saying sounds like a reach. Lomachenko could easily say "I'd never lose to someone who boo hoo cried after they lost a fight on national tv." I'd like to see him fight Teofimo or Josh Taylor next to see how he'd react with someone bigger who can crack.
          Last edited by MPDKSAB; 12-10-2020, 03:30 AM.

Comment

The top 5 guys Shakur has fought couldn't carry Loma's jockstrap.

Shakur's best W might be his fooking brother n law or ex-bro in law ffs. I highly doubt Bob would even put Shakur in a fight with someone on Loma's level in the next 12 months let alone anytime soon. Bob ain't a dummy & he's also pretty risk opposed with a guy like Shakur. Shakur will probably be a 3 weight division champ before he gets put in a 50/50 or dog odds fight. Bob likes to slow cook.

And Loma's heart wasn't the problem. Teofimo not giving Loma an inch to work with was the problem. I keep comparing it to the Fury vs Wlad fight & anyone who thinks Loma is washed like Eddie probably thought Wlad was washed before he had AJ dead to rites in the 6th (before ultimately losing doe) is in for a rude awakening if they sign to fight Loma.

There are only a few dudes I'd favor over Loma even now after the Teo L & Shakur ain't one of them.

Comment

This will be a great fight at 130. Hope it happens.....

Comment

Always happy to see fraud p4p guys getting knocked off from the list.
                Mad respect to Lopez

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
                  Always happy to see fraud p4p guys getting knocked off from the list.
                  Mad respect to Lopez
                  He isn’t a fraud and I’m a Lopez fan. You’re the exact problem with boxing today that I cited in an earlier post.

want to know why boxing is going down the s h i t t e r? You’re looking at it square in the mirror.

This is also why MMA is slowly taking over boxing. Why? Because they don’t care about a “0” that boxers and its mentally stunted fans these days are hung up on. All they want to do is fight fight fight. It’s because the best are ALWAYS fighting the best and when you fight the best you take a loss.

Once upon a time boxing mentality was that of MMA. “0” meant less than mixing it up with the best and sorting out who was the top dog. All knew that win or lose they were all going to get paid. I place a large amount of blame on the fans of the sport who happen to be the most venomous of all sports.

Today “boxing fans” are a cancer to the sport. Now if you lose a fight you were “exposed” you were “garbage” you fought “tomato cans” you were “over rated” all along. This gets pasted all over social media because know nothings who waste 90% of their time doing nothing but trashing don’t know the sport. Today not a single fan can spot an iota of talent because if that fighter doesn’t have a “0” he’s trash. Even PFP greatest of all time SRR would be called trash. Fans need to get a grip

Comment

Stevenson has been absolutely spoiled for me. After seeing that video of him full on punching a defenseless woman in the face, I have 0 desire to watch or contribute to his bank roll in any way. It was disgusting and I almost wish I'd never seen it so I could roll on in ignorance. I feel compelled to mention it whenever I see his name mentioned too so I guess it really bothered me.

Having said that, he's clearly got a chance of beating almost anyone in his weight class, just because of how rangey and how awkward he is. Though I think Loma would handle him, it's seemingly only a fantastic combination of speed and strength that can stop Loma, or make him think twice at least.
                    Last edited by Articulateboxin; 12-10-2020, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X