Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bakole: Michael Hunter Says Everyone Avoiding Him - I Want Rematch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bakole: Michael Hunter Says Everyone Avoiding Him - I Want Rematch!

Martin Bakole is targeting a rematch with Michael Hunter - the first man to inflict a defeat on him in the pros - should he beat dangerous Russian Sergey Kuzmin this Saturday at The SSE Arena, Wembley, live on Sky Sports Box Office in the UK and Ireland and on DAZN in the U.S. and more than 200 countries and territories on its just-launched Global platform.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hunter ran away from Hrgovic then signed up to fight 3 journeymen instead it makes no sense

Comment

If Kuzmin puts pressure on Bakole will he crumble like he did against Hunter?

Comment

Not a rematch I'd be hunting for unless he's made serious, serious improvements to his game in the interim. He was hopeless against Hunter.

Comment

I think he has made improvements or had an excuse for that performance. It looked like he was injured and trying to quit but his corner sent him out to get stopped.

I thought he was finished but he looked good after. Not many people can stop Kevin Johnson (although KJ started the fight with a burst eardrum)

Comment

This rematch means very little at this point. Hunter beat both Bakole & Kuzmin. No reason for Hunter to risk his top 10 ranking in all 4 bodies for a rematch that does little for him. He will take his 3 stay busy bouts until the phone rings for a fight with title implications. An eliminator or title shot is really all I could see him taking unless the money is too good to pass up. He could get the call for a big fight in any of the 4 bodies. Fighting guys like Hrgovic & Bakole don’t help his ranking nor do they pay him well. Hunter is in the driver’s seat. He is close to a potential title shot & unless “eliminator” is coming with a Hrgovic or Bakole then I don’t see him taking either.

Comment

Bakole and Kuzming are both good, but Joyce, Yoka, Ajagba, Hrgovic imo are all a step higher. Hunter also is a better boxer, but smaller than most hw.

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnoworld View Post
                Bakole and Kuzming are both good, but Joyce, Yoka, Ajagba, Hrgovic imo are all a step higher. Hunter also is a better boxer, but smaller than most hw.
                They all need to fight! Fair play to Hunter and Bakole in the first place. Was a very good fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Rodbox View Post
                  Hunter ran away from Hrgovic then signed up to fight 3 journeymen instead it makes no sense
                  Where exactly do you get that he "ran away" from Hrgovic? What I have read is that Hunter had asked to fight him prior and was told by Hearn and Saurland that Hrgovic was "too green". After the Booker fight, Hrgovic calls out Hunter's name but according to Hunter, there was no phone call from Hrgovic's promoter to make it happen.

I know the Croatian is big and hyped but I'm trying to figure out how he's this boogeyman with names like Booker, Heredia and Mansoor on his ledger. He's a big guy with power and an extensive amateur experience. He's also stiff as a cadaver and his defense is suspect.

Comment

I’d favor Bakole in a second fight .

Comment

Working...
                    X