Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Clay Collard: I Came Out of Nowhere, I Don't Think Anybody Saw it Coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Clay Collard: I Came Out of Nowhere, I Don't Think Anybody Saw it Coming

By Thomas Gerbasi - It's been the year of Clay Collard, one that may be coming to an end this Saturday in Las Vegas. That's sad news for the fans who took to the story of the mixed martial artist who made a full time return to boxing in 2020 and rapidly became a prospect killer of the highest order, going 5-0 over an array of foes that had a combined 32-4 record...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Need more Clay Collard. Didn’t he just whoop COVID too?

Comment

Collard a warrior who will face anyone. But he must be brave not stupid. Bek fights at 175. Collard weighed in at 148 for his fight after Bek. That's 3-4 weight classes above him. Collard never should have been in the ring with him.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronbnb View Post
        Collard a warrior who will face anyone. But he must be brave not stupid. Bek fights at 175. Collard weighed in at 148 for his fight after Bek. That's 3-4 weight classes above him. Collard never should have been in the ring with him.
        True but he has a fight everyone anywhere mentality and he does it for the paycheque too. If the money wasn't worth it, he wouldn't have done it

Comment

collard kinda exposed boxings fake pro records. in pro boxing, a fighter can go 20-0 with 20 ko´s and still be absolutly incompetent.

Comment

I like this guy’s attitude. This is why I like when MMA guys give boxing a whirl. Because they don’t care about a “0” that boxers these days are hung up on. All they want to do is fight fight fight. It’s because the best are ALWAYS fighting the best.

Once upon a time boxing mentality was that of MMA. “0” meant less than mixing it up with the best and sorting out who was the top dog. All knew that win or lose they were all going to get paid. I place a large amount of blame on the fans of the sport who happen to be the most venomous of all sports.

Today “boxing fans” are a cancer to the sport. Now if you lose a fight you were “exposed” you were “garbage” you fought “tomato cans” you were “over rated” all along. This gets pasted all over social media because the know nothings don’t know the sport. Today not a single fan can spot an iota of talent because if that fighter doesn’t have a “0” he’s trash. Even PFP greatest of all time SRR would be called trash. Fans need to get a grip
            Last edited by Boxingfanatic75; 12-09-2020, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
              I like this guy’s attitude. This is why I like when MMA guys give boxing a whirl. Because they don’t care about a “0” that boxers these days are hung up on. All they want to do is fight fight fight. It’s because the best are ALWAYS fighting the best.

Once upon a time boxing mentality was that of MMA. “0” meant less than mixing it up with the best and sorting out who was the top dog. All knew that win or lose they were all going to get paid. I place a large amount of blame on the fans of the sport who happen to be the most venomous of all sports.

Today “boxing fans” are a cancer to the sport. Now if you lose a fight you were “exposed” you were “garbage” you fought “tomato cans” you were “over rated” all along. This gets pasted all over social media because the know nothings don’t know the sport. Today not a single fan can spot an iota of talent because if that fighter doesn’t have a “0” he’s trash. Even PFP greatest of all time SRR would be called trash. Fans need to get a grip
              This is the realest post that will be on here all day. Kudos to you my friend. Real boxing fans dont give 2 ****s about an L as long the fighters fight.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                Need more Clay Collard. Didn’t he just whoop COVID too?
                He's a fun journeyman. I hope they don't want to build him into somebody. Throw him in with good up and comers, win or lose he'll be entertaining. Sometimes that's all I really want from a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  He's a fun journeyman. I hope they don't want to build him into somebody. Throw him in with good up and comers, win or lose he'll be entertaining. Sometimes that's all I really want from a fighter.
                  Not everyone is built to be a star, but Clay is a lot better than his record suggests too. He's also fought as low as Welterweight and as high as Light Heavyweight, so I have no idea really what to expect from him outside of exposing prospects.

They can build him into someone fun to watch who has enjoyable fights.

Comment

We will probably see more and more this in the USA...guys who compete in both boxing and MMA. You’re starting to see it with the women’s boxing, I think more and more male MMA fighters are going to show an interest in competing in boxing due to exposure to a new fan base and money. And to be honest, Collard’s striking skills will be absolutely superior when we see him back in MMA. Freestyle Wrestlers, catch-wrestlers, and BJJ/Judo grapplers generally have nowhere near the skills a pro boxer will in stand up and even the kickboxers, Thai boxers, Savateurs, Sanshou guys, Kenpo guys etc arnt going to have the punching power Collard would have. I expect to see the majority of his fights either ending by knockout outright or stoppages due to facial injuries

Comment

Working...
                    X