Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martin Murray: Saunders Fight A Few Years Late But We're Both Looking Forward To It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martin Murray: Saunders Fight A Few Years Late But We're Both Looking Forward To It

Martin Murray has been waiting more than two years for this opportunity, though it's redemption and not obsession which fuels his desire. The hard-luck veteran contender from St. Helens, Merseyside receives his fifth career title fight, the latest coming in a domestic clash with countryman and reigning super middleweight titlist Billy Joe Saunders. The bout takes place this Friday, live on Sky Sports and DAZN from The SSE Arena, Wembley, coming nearly 30 months after the two were due to collide.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Always been a Saunders Fan. Was only one out my circle who was sure he was gonna beat Eubank Jr years ago. Watched a Jamie Moore interview earlier, and it’s actually got my heart pulling for Murray, simply for the emotion involved in it. Gotta be realistic though, At 38 has Murray really got what it takes? Saw on YouTube earlier, Someone commented on Murray’s interview with sky sports that he looked like “an aged Soft man, happy to go along with the ride, doesn’t look like young hungry fighter”.

Comment

This is Murray’s final chance at a world title shot. I hope he brings out the best in him and puts on a brilliant performance. This is wishful thinking, but I’d love to see him give Saunders hell.

Comment

Most fighters don't get five bites at the apple across two divisions like this. Murray is a big, strong, durable gatekeeper, but the fact that he lost to someone like N'dam two years ago tells me that he has no prayer of beating even a bored Saunders. It should be semi-competitive, though.

Comment

Working...
        X