Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martin Murray: I Don't Think Saunders Has Fought Anyone Like Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martin Murray: I Don't Think Saunders Has Fought Anyone Like Me

Martin Murray has never had it easy. In four attempts at world titles he has travelled to Germany twice to face Felix Sturm and Arthur Abraham, Monaco to box a prime Genady Golovkin and Argentina to face Sergio Martinez. He was also due to face Julio Cesar Chavez Jr in Texas, but that fell through because of visa issues.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The problem with Saunders record is he has never stepped up and, at 38 years old having lost every fight at world level, Murray doesn't represent a step up either.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
      The problem with Saunders record is he has never stepped up and, at 38 years old having lost every fight at world level, Murray doesn't represent a step up either.
      sure... he doesn't...

Comment

Murray needs to move fast to catch Saunders in the ring!

Comment

Murray is aggressive, can take a shot, rarely (never?) boxes on the back foot, so pretty much exactly what BJS has seen before in Eubank, Ryder, Lemieux

Comment

This statement from Murray says a lot about Saunders resume.

Comment

Saunders has a had a load of fights against good but not elite-level guys. So yes Murray Saunders has fought guys like you before.

Comment

It's not even about resume it's about levels and styles. Murray is gonna struggle here. Should be a straightforward UD for Joe.

Comment

Is there any precedent here? Any one else win a title in their fifth attempt? If so, I would think it would be a relatively "new" thing, as it would be hard to accomplish just getting that many attempts without all of the various ABC org's titles existing?

Comment

Originally posted by Mario040481 View Post
                    Is there any precedent here? Any one else win a title in their fifth attempt? If so, I would think it would be a relatively "new" thing, as it would be hard to accomplish just getting that many attempts without all of the various ABC org's titles existing?

Yeah I can’t think of a fifth but George Groves won it on his fourth attempt I think (?)

Comment

Working...
                    X