No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martin Murray - So Close, Yet So Far

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martin Murray - So Close, Yet So Far

By Cliff Rold - In recent years, one name on the Hall of Fame ballot always jumps out as the ultimate almost guy. The name is Rocky Lockridge. The late Lockridge won a couple alphabet straps and had a turn as the lineal king at Jr. lightweight, facing so many of the biggest names of his day from featherweight to lightweight. Along the way there were highs like his...
    [Click Here To Read More]

He's an awesome gate keeper, like Gabe Rosado. I actually wouldn't mind seeing a battle of the gate keepers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pound4PoundStud View Post
      He's an awesome gate keeper, like Gabe Rosado. I actually wouldn't mind seeing a battle of the gate keepers.
      they already fought lol

Comment

Yep Rosado and .. Chisora maybe .. all honest pros that give good fight but just fell short but entertained non the less.

Comment

will be another miss again tomorrow

Comment

good but not great

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              they already fought lol
              And it was an awful fight lol

Comment

Solid fighter, but never good enough to ever get over the hump.

Although I did think he got robbed in Argentina.

Comment

This will be Murray’s last hurrah. At 38, this very well could be his last bout. Hopefully this isn’t a one sided mismatch.

Comment

Murray beat Martinez, everybody scored it for Murray, so glossing it up with this (it never happened) late surge from Martinez being enough is incorrect. Also, I remember they were allowed video replay to score the second knockdown, and despite it being blatant, they still refused it. Which says it all really.

Murray with the two knockdowns won for me, and almost everybody else, around 115-111 (7-5 two knockdowns) It was Murray's best career performance, and showed Martinez for what he is, a good fighter, not a great one.

Comment

Working...
                    X