Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Murray: If I Fought People Saunders Fought - I'd Have a World Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Murray: If I Fought People Saunders Fought - I'd Have a World Title

Martin Murray believes it is finally his time to land a world title at the fifth attempt when he takes on undefeated WBO super middleweight world champion Billy Joe Saunders in Friday's main event at The SSE Arena, Wembley, shown live on Sky Sports and DAZN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's kind of hard to argue against that statement. Time for BJS to step up if he wins this one

Comment

Hard to argue against that. Saunders is wasted talent. Would have loved to see him fight against Canelo.

Comment

I’d pick Andy Lee to beat Murray tbh.

He’d have easily beaten that Isufi though.

Comment

At his best that could be true.

Comment

To be fair to Murray, he deserves more than the inevitable 'gatekeeper' tag. He's only ever lost convincingly against a prime GGG and Groves and that was up at 168.

Was very unlucky against Sturm and let's face it got robbed against Martinez with a genuine 2nd knockdown not being allowed by the ref in Argentina. Not sure what he's got left at 38 in the 160 division but he's never been prone to excessive weight gain and is better than most give him credit for.

Comment

saunders at 168 has been laughably bad

Comment

Wtf is going with the covid ?? Its ruined careers , its ruined businesses , it's ruined lives . like how long is this bs gonna last for ? I wanna go to a strip club and feel safe about not getting infected or at least a damn bar .

Comment

I remember watching the Sergio fight on an Argentinian TV channel. They had Pipino Cuevas in the studio who said that Murray won it and they had a viewers poll where the Argies themselves voted something like 70% for Murray. He was awesome that night. Denied a legit KD as well, if I remember right.

Comment

I wouldn’t definitely pick him to beat Andy Lee. Not sure he beats Lemieux either, although that was a defence.

Then again I thought he beat Sergio Martinez.

It’s funny how fine margins can completely change a fighters reputation. On a different night with different judges, Martin Murray might have wins over Sergio Martinez, Sturm and Abraham. Which means he would’ve won world titles and have one of the best resumes of current British fighters.

Instead, with close decision is going the other way, he is just seen as the nearly man and not rated that highly.
                    Last edited by deathofaclown; 12-02-2020, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X