Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Euro News: Johnson-Mikhalkin, De Carolis-Bauer, Schwarz Facing 10 Years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Euro News: Johnson-Mikhalkin, De Carolis-Bauer, Schwarz Facing 10 Years

BBT (Buccione Boxing Team) were the sole bidder at the purse bids yesterday (Nov 30) in Rome for the fight between Giovanni De Carolis (28-9-1) and Leon Bauer (17-0-1) with the vacant EBU super middleweight title at stake. BBT came in with an offer for 28,600 Euro, Date and site is to be announced.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Never knew that about Schwarz, shocking if true.

Comment

So I'm guessing no Johnson vs Mikhalkin? I wonder who is up after that for the ebu

Comment

Naughty boy, that Schwarz. If guilty, he should be sentenced to getting beat up and outclassed publicly by Tyson Fury once per week.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          So I'm guessing no Johnson vs Mikhalkin? I wonder who is up after that for the ebu
          We'll have to see, €89k ain't loads but it's also not as terrible as you'd imagine for a euro strap, and through COVID time they might find it's worth it... well Callum might, pretty sure Mikhalkin will be jumping at the chance already. Hoping so anyway, that's quite a nice fight to my mind. Mikhalkin's better than anyone Johnson's fought except Kovalev way I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
            We'll have to see, €89k ain't loads but it's also not as terrible as you'd imagine for a euro strap, and through COVID time they might find it's worth it... well Callum might, pretty sure Mikhalkin will be jumping at the chance already. Hoping so anyway, that's quite a nice fight to my mind. Mikhalkin's better than anyone Johnson's fought except Kovalev way I see it.
            Johnson knocks Mikhalkin out cold. He should take it.

Comment

Johnson knocks Mikhalkin out cold. He should take it.
              That'd be my guess too, Mikhalkin's not unskilled but he's not that sturdy and he can't really bang... plus he's getting on. Callum could pretty much just bulldoze him.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
                That'd be my guess too, Mikhalkin's not unskilled but he's not that sturdy and he can't really bang... plus he's getting on. Callum could pretty much just bulldoze him.
                Johnson imo always seemed like the UK version of Joe Smith. He's not super skilled but if you can't hold up to his power you simply can't win. If he had the right backing he could have picked up wins over a lot of fighters who were technically better than him.

Actually, I'm kinda pissed we never got Smith vs Johnson.

Comment

Johnson imo always seemed like the UK version of Joe Smith. He's not super skilled but if you can't hold up to his power you simply can't win. If he had the right backing he could have picked up wins over a lot of fighters who were technically better than him.

Actually, I'm kinda pissed we never got Smith vs Johnson.
                  Ha ha that's actually a pretty good comparison, man, hadn't thought of that but there's a lotta truth in it. Neither could be accused of any great subtlety but they're both capable and just strong enough to physically impose 'emselves.

Comment

If Johnson were to fight & beat Mikhalkin then that adds some serious coinage to a Yarde or Arthur fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X