Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Dubois Will Be Out For Five Months Due To Eye Injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daniel Dubois Will Be Out For Five Months Due To Eye Injury

Heavyweight contender Daniel Dubois will be out for five months as he recovers from an eye injury suffered on Saturday night. Dubois' left eye sustained damage during his stoppage loss to Olympic silver medal winner Joe Joyce in their high-stakes contest.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Damn. Hope all is well. Wishing him a great recovery.

No knock on him finishing this fight that way. You need to be able to not just fight another day but live your life as best you can. This wasn’t a world title fight or a huge fight like that where it may be to the death to some.

As the saying goes - Discretion is the better part of valor. He had to do what he had to. You don’t end your career at Joyce
    Last edited by NearHypnos; 12-01-2020, 12:44 PM.

Comment

He a quitter doe

Comment

Get well soon Daniel.

Comment

Does that mean he'll get that metal plate installed like Brook?

Comment

Getting punched in the head can cause a career or life ending injury.

These are professional boxers, they signed up for that.

I doubt this surgeon would recommend anyone get punched in the face for a living.

Yet someone his recommendation to not get punched in the face for a living is relevant when we want to excuse a quitter.

Dubois is a quitter. He can’t get a doctors note for quitting. This is boxing, not grade school.

Comment

I really hope the lad doesn't need or have the same kind of surgery as Brooke.
              That meshed into the bone titanium plate put an off switch on Brookes cheek. Bud didn't even hit it that hard.
              Dubois has such little head movement it'll be an easy target. Ask Joyce xD
              I wish DDD a speedy & full recovery & i hope Joyce get's his Usyk shot with a belt.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                Getting punched in the head can cause a career or life ending injury.

These are professional boxers, they signed up for that.

I doubt this surgeon would recommend anyone get punched in the face for a living.

Yet someone his recommendation to not get punched in the face for a living is relevant when we want to excuse a quitter.

Dubois is a quitter. He can’t get a doctors note for quitting. This is boxing, not grade school.
                I can tell you never got punched in the face or ever had a fight in your life. Have you ever gotten punched in you eye repeatedly by a professional heavyweight boxer?
                If not you should shut the fack up and go back to sewing or whatever you p_$$y$ do

Comment

Take at least a year out! He’s 23 so no need to rush him back. Case and point Kell Brook...

Comment

Well, in a sense it's good that this happened during the pandemic so he won't miss out a lot. Hope he gets back and also hope that crowds return by summer. He should fight 2-3 technically good fighters that aren't great punchers. That will give him the much-needed experience.

I still rank him championship material.

Comment

Working...
                    X