Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: Dubois Will Need 5-7 Fights Before Looking For Big Names

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Haye: Dubois Will Need 5-7 Fights Before Looking For Big Names

Former two division champion David Haye believes experience was the key to last Saturday's outcome between Daniel Dubois and Joe Joyce. The unbeaten heavyweights collided in a high stakes showdown, which saw Dubois - who was up on the cards - remove himself from the fight in the tenth round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Man...Dubois is gonna put a serious hurting on those 7 cab drivers

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter78 View Post
      Man...Dubois is gonna put a serious hurting on those 7 cab drivers
      You’re probably right, before finding the same problem when he steps up again... panic stations!

Comment

He can learn from his loss and come back and do some things in the sport. He is quite young for a heavyweight so there is time on his side.

Comment

So back to the usual schedule with Frank?

Comment

And this was supposed to be an uncrowned champion listening to some of the chavs on here

Comment

He should start with Amir Mansour.

Comment

In hindsight it was a big jump from the level Dubois has been fighting at. Nathan Gorman was a solid win but apart from that he’s been blasting people out in 1-2 rounds and arguably learning little. So I think he needs a few bouts against durable, experienced operators who will take him rounds, and really make him think and put together different combos in order to break them down, rather than simply being blasted out. Proper breakdown jobs.

Moving forward, names that spring to mind as solid tests would be Joey Dawejko, Andriy Rudenko, Dominick Guinn. These are vastly experienced, durable opponents who will give Dubois rounds and really make him think and put different punch combos together in order to try and break them down.

If he looks good against them, then move onto the ‘’next tier’’ ie. the likes of ********* Hammer, Alexander Ustinov, Lucas Browne. I think that should be the plan for the next 2 years or so for him. Let him learn and develop, get these rounds in and have to perform breakdown jobs and slowly increase the level. There is no rush and this would give him vital experience and progress him up the rankings in a steady, beneficial way.

Comment

I still wonder if Haye has ever actually gotten a prediction right!

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    I still wonder if Haye has ever actually gotten a prediction right!
                    He predicted Joyce winning

Comment

Working...
                    X